CE's for the Weekend of 11.19

Jason pointed out to me that the way I've been doing the e-mail alert threads has not been going thru with all posts, we are not sure if it's the new vb software, but Jason suggested a workaround, that we will be sure to use in the future... :)

I found youtube in the search area after doing a search. Pretty cool.

Yep, I finally did as well. It works very well. In most cases better than my laptop. No lagging. What I think is neat is that I think it must sort the results by rankings or views somehow. When I entered keywords I got relevant results, which was nice. Well done.

Anyone else experiencing receiver reboots? Since I downloaded this CE last night, one of my HR24-200's will just shutdown and reboot. Has done it twice. Also, still no YT on either of mine.

EDIT: Report Sent 20101120-344B

Last edited:
Anyone else experiencing receiver reboots? Since I downloaded this CE last night, one of my HR24-200's will just shutdown and reboot. Has done it twice. Also, still no YT on either of mine.

EDIT: Report Sent 20101120-344B

I have a HR24-200 and been watching it all day as I got to play Mr. Mom. Have not seen that issue at all.

Mine HR24-200 on 0x44c seems to have frozen last night after I went to bed. Reset, hasn't frozen. If it happens again will send report.

Same HR24-200 as before, black screen on all channels. Recored shows work fine, both on recorder and MRV. TV was fine until I changed channels. Then got black screen. All other tvs work fine. Will reboot DVR, to see if channels come back. Sent report but report number disappeared before I could get it noted down.

HR24-200 with 0x44c

Edit: Did a RBR, and same thing, no picture, just black. However, at 7pm CST, a scheduled show started to record and the picture came back. I should have mentioned before, the black screen was just the picture, all guide, and info from the receiver itself was showing.

Edit II: Back to no picture. Ironically, happened exactly at the time my recording was over. Sent another report #20101122-250D

Last edited:
Audio Drop-Out Issues on HR20-100

Hopefully the D* engineers can use this:

I've been out of the CE loop for a while, but have managed to test the last two CEs (12/19 and 12/12). I've noticed two different audio drop-out issues that are present on both CE releases:

#1: After recording any HD OTA channel, I've noticed frequent audio drop-outs (once every few minutes) on playback. Whenever I noticed a drop-out, I hit rewind, played it again, and the drop out doesn't happen. I take that to mean the problem is with playback and not record. All of my OTAs come in at 90-100% signal strength. The problem does not happen at all when playing back HD content recorded from the dish (didn't try this on any SD content). After downloading and restoring the non-CE mainstream build, the OTA audio problem could not be reproduced.

#2: After watching a youtube video and going back to satellite, the audio is very choppy for 10 seconds or so, then clears up. I tested this on HD satellite channels only, did not have a chance to test OTA channels.

One more thing I've noticed is a marked improvement in guide/my playlist speed on the CEs in comparison to the mainstream release (on the order of 5-6 seconds faster from button press to display change). I assume some performance improvements are going into the newer builds (which is great.. I thought it was my HW that was going bad).

I hope this helps. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan

0x44c Freezing on HR24-200

About 3-4 times the HR24-200 has frozen on me, needing a reboot. I was on 0x44c, now have went back to national (041a). First the video freezes, then for about 30 seconds the audio continues, then the audio freezes and a reboot is required. I sent an error report. Hopefully tonights firmware will fix this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)