CE's for the weekend of 12.18

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Cutting Edge program is different from most test programs.
  • Unlike a true private beta, everyone is invited to participate.
  • Unlike a true public beta, all testers are expected to keep a low profile.
  • Unlike most forums, the Cutting Edge forum discourages negativity and rudeness.
  • Unlike a traditional beta program, new releases are available almost every week.

It's the combination of diverse testers, concise and polite error reporting, and rapid new releases that make the rapid development model work for DIRECTV. Using thousands of hours of testing per week, bugs are quickly identified and squashed, and long-term issues get the focus they deserve.

The Cutting Edge program is exclusive to another site; this one here borrows the information and it is shared here.

The Cutting Edge program is NOT EXCLUSIVE to any site.
Any site that wants to can jump in and participate.

It is, indeed, exclusive to the other site. That doesn't mean members from this site or others cannot participate. It began on the other site and is managed by DirecTV internal employees who are in constant and direct contact with a couple moderators on that site.

Vadar thanks for the heads up. One question though does it appear MRV will eventually work on non DVR receivers in either or both the HD and SD format. Thanks again.

Vadar thanks for the heads up. One question though does it appear MRV will eventually work on non DVR receivers in either or both the HD and SD format. Thanks again.

MRV as it's presently structured refers to watching a recorded show in a room other than where it was originally recorded. Consequently, one would need another DVR with which to watch the original room's recording, because nonDVRs do not have the play/pause feature.

What you are alluding to appears to simply be having a receiver connected in one room and being able to watch what it's broadcasting in other room(s), akin to connecting multiple TVs or monitors to one output source. Currently, this can be done with multiple video cables, though I believe the limit is just one extra set. Regardless, you would be able to watch only what is broadcast on the original receiver. In order to watch different shows on multiple TVs, you'd need a receiver for each TV.

In short, this is more of a standard video output question.

If I am not interpreting your question correctly, let me know.

No Vadar you got it correct. As I explained earlier I'm scheduled to be installed Saturday and I'll need a few more receivers. Just calculating my options for now. Before finding this forum I'd considered everything possible to network the receivers after learning I had be been most likely intentionally mislead for a sales commission. Thanks again!