CE's for the Weekend of 3.13

It's getting closer and I am ready!! :) I just downloaded the CE and the Version for HR34 & HR44 Genie is 09F0 and Version for Hx2x is 097E / 497E!! :) Genie for HR 44'S IS up and ready!! :)

Last edited:
Any word on Version numbers for the Genies and the HRxs ?

Looks like 97E on the HR2xs
Looks like 9FO for the Genies

That said, only a few are up in the datastream at the moment.

I didn't stay up that late, I'll get it tonight.
Anything out of the ordinary from last night's download ?

For me, I lost my recording timers, many recorded shows, and the logos in the info banner have gone back a step (TNT is black, NG Wild is correct, but Fusion, LHN, Newsmax, and BBC World News logos are gone. I am not sure if BBC World News ever had one before.)

As I type this, my reversion to national for the first time in a long time has completed and my shows aren't back. I haven't even started Better Call Saul yet. I am sure they'll marathon it at some point.

Earlier this week I went from a CE (couple weeks old) back to national release because it seems every time I try a CE in the past few months it breaks On Demand.

Literally every time, but the national release works fine.

The lousy thing, I lost about 10 days of recordings when I went back. They changed something in the file structure in relation to recordings, so going back to national from a CE over the past month or so will delete any recordings since downloading that CE.

DBS had a note about a change that enabled external hard drives to work in addition to internal ones, rather than in place of. Since then DirecTV has gone back on that and removed it from the CE. Their note was that going from a CE with that feature, to a new one without (or a national release), would delete programs recorded since that change.

It appears that is not just affecting people with external hard drives, as I do not use one yet my recordings were deleted.

This is a prime reason I don't try CE releases much anymore, they always seem to break on demand (for me anyway) and DirecTV never gives any facts about what it does. Seems with the only note ever being "under the hood", we almost could just forget about posting notes anyway, every week is a wildcard.

What a download for my HR24-500. I go bed last night go to the Guide and there is about 10 channels in it. Go menu search and only the search icon is present. Extra only had five icons. Power off. Lost video on turn on. Did RBR. Still no video. Had to unplug the box to get everything back. Today. the box keeps dropping out of Whole Home.

Wow, what a weekend for me to fall asleep early, Both nights.
I was unable to d/let his weekend and from the sounds of it, it might be a good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)