CE's for the Weekend of 8.13

Everything went smoothly on both HR24-500s of mine. These releases have all been very stable for me. Any word on a new official national release? I'm still somewhat of a newbie when it comes to CE software, so I don't have a clue how the releases really relate to new software that gets distributed to everyone. I know what I read in the FAQ and I know that were are testing the software until DirecTV is satisfied that it is stable, but my main question is do you automatically get updated to a national release if one becomes available or is that up to the user? Or will that stable version likely already be on my receiver if I updated to the latest CE and it will just be a matter of it being distributed to everyone else as stable?

Everything went smoothly on both HR24-500s of mine. These releases have all been very stable for me. Any word on a new official national release? I'm still somewhat of a newbie when it comes to CE software, so I don't have a clue how the releases really relate to new software that gets distributed to everyone. I know what I read in the FAQ and I know that were are testing the software until DirecTV is satisfied that it is stable, but my main question is do you automatically get updated to a national release if one becomes available or is that up to the user? Or will that stable version likely already be on my receiver if I updated to the latest CE and it will just be a matter of it being distributed to everyone else as stable?

The National Release, is sent by D* automatically, you can't not take it ...
IF a CE is a higher number than the "NR" you will keep the CE.
If the NR is a higher release, you will go to that.

Normally the CE releases are stable versions that have already been tested in the CE programs.

Jimbo said:

Normally the CE releases are stable versions that have already been tested in the CE programs.

Thank you.

Thank you.

NP,

However, somehow I mis typed and meant to say that the "NR"'s are very stable CE releases that have been tested for a while.

No DD audio output this morning. Turned everything on like normal, checked all connections, Tested out HDMI cable. Turned off DD audio from options in HR24, heard the bumping noise from reciver when I was navigating through menus. Turned DD back on, no audio. Reported issue, 20100817-416D

Edit: Reboot of the reciver fixed the issue

Last edited:
HR24-500

Media share audio sync is completely messed up for videos. After about 15 - 20 seconds the audio jumps ahead. I have tested this on my videos that worked flawlessly prior to the CE and they do the same thing. I can supply addtl info if needed.

EDIT: A reboot of the receiver did not fix the issue.

I forced the receivers to download 03E0 and both play the videos fine now. Unfortunately this CE release will not work for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)