CE's for the Weekend of 8.17

I ran tonight's update and now I get the 764 error "You have inserted the wrong card". We have only one receiver so there is only one card. I tried calling DTV but the recording says that they are performing maintenance. I will try to go back to stock firmware in the morning, but in the meantime....no TV. Oh Well, that's the price i have to pay for the CE firmware updates, unless anyone else has a suggestion.

I ran tonight's update and now I get the 764 error "You have inserted the wrong card". We have only one receiver so there is only one card. I tried calling DTV but the recording says that they are performing maintenance. I will try to go back to stock firmware in the morning, but in the meantime....no TV. Oh Well, that's the price i have to pay for the CE firmware updates, unless anyone else has a suggestion.

You DO NOT call DirecTV customer service or tech regarding CE firmware. You are on the right track with either re-applying the national firmware or rebooting with the CE still applied.

The CE runs just fine on my boxes

you can also try unplugging 10 mins . if that doesn't work the CE window will be about past and you can grab the national

Let me try that. Funny thing, I talked one of my co-workers into trying the CE tonight and he got the same error, and now he has no TV. *Try's to wipe mud off face* Hey, I understand the risks with CE firmware...just bummed for the first time. Never had an issue till tonight. Will plow forth again tomorrow!
Thanks again Bourbon Tester!

Good luck! Notice you say you are in AZ; where about? I lived in the east valley for 12 years and got transferred; still looking to come back.

still no youtube or pandora on hr 24 500.internet connect and have reboots several times.

Hmm..

Same problem as last week. My HR22 becomes unresponsive after a couple days. No problems with the HR21 though.

If you have "Wrong Card Inserted" message, can you even get to the screens to go into the Menus ?

Yes, I can get to the menu's, I was just not able to view any channels when I selected them. That is all resolved now.

This morning I tried to go back to the National software version. It started to download and I let it go about it's business. Came back 30 minutes later and there was a message that told me I was unable to download the software at this time. I rebooted the DVR and got back to the menu but still got the "Wrong card inserted message. So I called DTV and spoke to Customer Service. I never mentioned the CE software. The rep was quick to send an activation to my DVR and BAM!...back online. I went into the settings, checked the software revision and was pleased to see that I had last nights update. YAY!!!!

Thanks for all the replies! Issue resolved.

Yes, I can get to the menu's, I was just not able to view any channels when I selected them. That is all resolved now.

This morning I tried to go back to the National software version. It started to download and I let it go about it's business. Came back 30 minutes later and there was a message that told me I was unable to download the software at this time. I rebooted the DVR and got back to the menu but still got the "Wrong card inserted message. So I called DTV and spoke to Customer Service. I never mentioned the CE software. The rep was quick to send an activation to my DVR and BAM!...back online. I went into the settings, checked the software revision and was pleased to see that I had last nights update. YAY!!!!

Thanks for all the replies! Issue resolved.
Cool !

Btw, you probably could have done the same thing online had we thought about just doing a re activation (refresh).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts