CE's for the Weekend of 9.9 (none so far)

From what I am hearing there may not be a CE next week eaither, but I am also told it has NOTHING to do with the Engadget article and that they EXPECTED the news to get out last week.

Obviously this is disappointing. However, after looking at the screen shots of the CE GUI and the fact that it is the same GUI since the 90's, but HD - I guess no one is really missing anything.

As a E* convert, I was really hoping for a 922 GUI. You know, maybe I could see less banners and a handful of channels over a few hours. A GUI that worked.

I really hope D* has big plans. If this really is their HD GUI it would be a fail on every level. This would be on a Tivo level of fail.

And it kills all hope for the future (of actually making the guide a tool to find what you want to watch.)

The first issue for everyone coming from E* to D* is the guide. It sucks.

Too funny; its a EPG and its works well. But the thing that matters 99.9995% is the TV service and it rocks and rocks hard. Who cares about a EPG as long as it shows you what's on TV?

Obviously this is disappointing. However, after looking at the screen shots of the CE GUI and the fact that it is the same GUI since the 90's, but HD - I guess no one is really missing anything.

As a E* convert, I was really hoping for a 922 GUI. You know, maybe I could see less banners and a handful of channels over a few hours. A GUI that worked.

I really hope D* has big plans. If this really is their HD GUI it would be a fail on every level. This would be on a Tivo level of fail.

And it kills all hope for the future (of actually making the guide a tool to find what you want to watch.)

The first issue for everyone coming from E* to D* is the guide. It sucks.

I guess to each his own. I have two HR24-500's so I don't have the new GUI yet, but from what I have seen and read, it exceeds the Vip 922. I like the speed and layout better myself. I was with DirecTV for many years before I was a Dish sub, and then went back to DirecTV though.

I've seen a number of pictures of the HDGUI and I'm underwhelmed! :(

1.5 hour view window? Are you kidding me? You don't even need HD to make 3 hours very readable, and you really should be able to select a couple of guide versions. E*'s been doing it for years and there's isn't HD either.

All the rest of the HDGUI stuff is just fluff! So while this is all supposed to be new code and faster than the current software (where have we heard THAT before?), it is exactly this kind of fluff that later bites you in the butt with speed as they start adding to it. And you just know they'll add to it until it is dog slow... :) :(

I really don't see the big deal about having a 3 hour guide that you E folks are bragging about.
I have the ability to push the right arrow and see the next 1.5 hours.

What I DON'T want is for it to be a 3 hour window and NOT be able to read it anymore.

That said, it would be nice to have options to set it up how you want it.

I really don't see the big deal about having a 3 hour guide that you E folks are bragging about.

What I DON'T want is for it to be a 3 hour window and NOT be able to read it anymore.

Well, I"m not an E folk at this time... :)

The 3 hours is very handy for prime time programming and such. Very readable on my 54" from 10' on my last E* HDDVR.

I would be tickled with an option.

But I'll stand by the rest I said. I really do not understand why anyone cares if the menuing and such is in HD when it really isn't changing anything much at all and it has the potential of causing slowness at some point in time.

Well, I"m not an E folk at this time... :)

The 3 hours is very handy for prime time programming and such. Very readable on my 54" from 10' on my last E* HDDVR.

I would be tickled with an option.

But I'll stand by the rest I said. I really do not understand why anyone cares if the menuing and such is in HD when it really isn't changing anything much at all and it has the potential of causing slowness at some point in time.

The only reason people are complaining about it not being in HD is because some other providers are in HD is all.

If you want to scan through to see what's coming on in primetime (for example), it would be very nice to see 7pm-10pm (central time for me!) at a glance, and then be able to page down, and down, and so forth, to do this now, you see 7pm-8:30pm, and can go down page after page, but then have to jump back to the beginning and move right (3 rights, to be precise), and then page own, and. Own, etc. So basically twice the time to see what's coming on... Not exactly the end of the world, but like you said, options are nice!

So, there won't likely be an update tonight? I was hoping to download to get the HD GUI as I just would like to see what it's like. I missed my chance last week. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)