CE's for the weekend of December 11th

Working fine on both 20-100's here.

You have to go to system setup/multiroom and 'opt in' to mrv in what appears to be the first stab at charging for this feature, even though the vast, vast majority of users surveyed said they wouldnt pay for it. "Free Trial" says it all.

Havent done a lot of examination other than having it boot up fine, playlist intact, mrv works, merged playlist works.

That it has a splash screen talking about the new search feature says this is winding up to be a national release. I doubt they'll shoot it out between now and the beginning of the new year. So a few more warmups for an NR, but it looks like they think its close.

See the new Beta MRV free trial in the setup menu? Looks to me like this won't be a free feature in the future.....you have to "Opt In" to get MRV to work...

Oops...CFB, didn't see your post when I wrote this one....and I couldn't agree with you more.....

I saw some stuff from their head of marketing. He's mistakenly under the impression that other providers charge for MRV. I guess one of the fiber providers does require that you buy a higher tier service before you get it but I dont know of anyone else that charges for it as a separate item.

Correcting his info doesnt seem to have changed the opinion. But maybe after people try the 'trial' and they do more test marketing they'll realize that its not going to fly to charge for a feature that most other providers have had as a standard item, in some cases for years.

Hell, they oughta pay us for having to wait so long! ;)

In the meanwhile, gave the new CE a good thrashing last night and my wife and son worked it out this morning. Nothing bad so far, in fact my wife didnt even know it was new s/w until I told her around 10am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts