CES , Possible New Receiver....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
They can steal what ever they want, but for the rest of us its nice to be able to see this stuff.
As long as D* doesn't charge a $10 DVR fee for it:rolleyes: , IMO its Better then the 922 that E* wants to get rich off of.

Wow, and I though D* wasn't going to be at CES? Seems like they had some stuff going on. So why wouldn't Satellite Guys cover any of this?

the specs look great but it still has the old and ugly GUI. they really need to update that! feels like i'm on colecovision. yes i had colecovision and it was great at the time. :D not anymore. :p HD GUI D*!!!!!!! do it!!

I like the fact that a Home Unit is even being considered.
I bet it will be an option by the end of 2010.:)
I hope

It's no surprise since DirecTV in a number of financial presentations has said they plan to have a whole home server unit. Then add on the RUV alliance work which makes that even more likely of happening.

Which is why they are pushing 3D now as they know many folks are now use to HD and they need something new to sell them.

This was a strange product it was only displayed at the booth for a few hours. Which is why we did not see it when we were there.

I have said it before the DirecTV guide looks like it was done on a Colecovsion from the 80's. While I like the White and Blue the interface needs a big makeover with a new HD GUI. The menu needs to make DIRECTV look like the high tech company it is and again it needs to be a real HD GUI.

I like the fact that a Home Unit is even being considered.
I bet it will be an option by the end of 2010.:)
I hope

I agree......I would buy one of these in a second! I would love to be able to have a DVR in every room without having to have a DVR in every room....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)