CES Request

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I have not seen a CES request thread so I recon I will open one up.

I am looking to see what new 4K 65 Inch TV models. If you all could kindly post any info you may come along that would be awesome and pictures too!!

Also how good is the new pollard 50inch UHD TV for $999.00

This is the one I am interested in seeing as well. I am not expecting much as I consider Polaroid a junky brand sold in close out stores.

Who knows maybe they will surprise me.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

DO NOT buy a Polaroid TV! If you're going to be spending close to $1000 then you need to spend it on quality. Always stick to a trusted brand unless the price is so good you can't pass it up.

Polaroid is just a generic Chinese owned brand. Most of the big name's panels are now made in China (Taiwan) or Korea... The panels from the cheapest brands are getting close to the quality of the most expensive. The more expensive brands still distinguish themselves via better chip sets, but that advantage is also quickly fading.

Kreyos Meteor smartwatch, please.

I backed this on indiegogo in the summer and they have been kinda quiet.

Lots of 65" 4k TVs from most manufacturers.

Several were demoing the latest 3D glasses free from either stream works TV or Dolby 3D. Dolby offered the larger size screens but the Streamworks seemed to have the higher picture quality, IMO.

Sony disappointed with their 4k models as they now switched to a much thicker base wedge cross section design. This means it will not mount flush to the wall like a picture. Image quality was quite good however.

PS4 has 3D blu ray support in the works with software update.

No new 3D camcorders. Everything this year was 4K camcorders.

New Sony innovations: short throw projector technology.
Table top touch screen projector. This projects from the ceiling to the tabletop for a touch screen control. For example, you could play board games like chess with this system. A mirror on the wall that changes to a video display when you approach it.

Kreyos Meteor smartwatch, please.

I backed this on indiegogo in the summer and they have been kinda quiet.
I backed them too, and they have been sending regular updates via email. Check your junk mail to make sure they are not getting blocked.

I can't wait to get mine!

The Kreyos people are supposed to be here but I haven't found them yet.

As far as 4K goes... after looking at them for so long today they all started to look alike... I honestly at this point would have a hard time choosing one over another.

I also found it funny that there is such a small amount of 4K material available that many booths were using the same demo videos.

As far as 4K goes... after looking at them for so long today they all started to look alike... I honestly at this point would have a hard time choosing one over another.

I also found it funny that there is such a small amount of 4K material available that many booths were using the same demo videos.

Just curious your general opinions after looking them over today - is there a significant difference watching 4k versus todays 1080?
I'm wondering if 4k will end up like 3D did over the past couple years, if it will be a fad or become the norm.

Does 4k impact a general viewing experience so to speak.

Demo video is licensed for CES as an event which is why everyone appears to be using the same movies. You'll find self produced stuff being the only difference.

I did notice some TVs looked more pasty that others. Sony and LG looked the best with Samsung a close second. All others were much lower PQ, IMO.

I did notice some TVs looked more pasty that others. Sony and LG looked the best with Samsung a close second. All others were much lower PQ, IMO.

Huh. I wonder what the second stringers did to mess up their sets? :( BTW - I read somewhere today that 10% of Sony's TV set revenue is coming from 4K sets. :eek: I think this is one technology that has legs. I predict it will rescue 3D, too.

There is more to 4K picture quality than just pixel count, Krell. Very important is the color processor and some manufacturers just have a better handle on it than others. Some 4K just looks like high resolution computer screen while others have hotspots from uneven LED lighting and others just have odd color purity. The good ones, seem to really show off natural images. Like Vizio looks rather dull and lacks punch. Samsung really has impact. Sony and LG offers some highly accurate detail with no edge distortion. All have a black that is too shiny and has way too much reflection. OLED is much worse in this respect. This is the one thing I hate about the newer panel TVS.

Don.
You mention the glassless 3D.
How was 3D compared to glasses 3D? Either active or passive. Is it ready for primetime?
Either of these companies made any deals with 4k tv manufactures to bring to market this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts