Cfl

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wish the NFL was as fast paced as the CFL. Not slamming you guys, but the 4th down sucks. Although, the last few NFL games I did see, moved a bit faster than the majority. I guess I just love the passing game more. Outside of hockey, the CFL rocks. Glad to see you guys enjoying some canuck football down there.

Also...The players up here make measly money compared.. I think each team has a top player that makes in the 1 million range, the rest make around 70 thousand or so. Not sure what the NFL players get, but I'm sure alot more. Just wondering, what does it cost to see an NFL game in person. Up here, you can get the cheap seats for 10$ and great seats for around 40$.

Watched all 4 games this past weekend (well, most of the Sask/Hamilton game until the tape ran out)

Sharris…did you see the Montreal/Ottawa game? That game was AWESOME!!

Few reasons I love the CFL
-bigger field
-3 downs :D
-NO FAIR CATCH!!
-Overtime rules (not this first man scores BS)

Lets go Eskies!

Last time I went to a Colts game, it was $27.50 US, I'm sure it's a lot higher now. The kicker is that cheap basta*d Irsay charges the same price no matter if you are in the first row or the top row. Now he's conned the city into building another new stadium for him. That's right, another, the city built the Dome to lure them here. This is their 22nd season in Indianapolis and they have only managed to put 2 or 3 decent teams on the field, they have the people of Indianapolis thinking that if they leave the city will turn into a ghost town. Back in 74' I went to a few Chiefs games in Kansas City and the seats were cheaper the higher you went. Just for the record, I hated the Colts in Baltimore and I hate 'em in Indianapolis. The only reason I went then was so my late father could say he went to an NFL game before he departed this world.

Things I like about the CFL:
Two men in motion at the same time
No fair catch
Wider& longer field

Things I don't like:
End zones are to big

At one time didn't they have something called a "rouge?" If the defense held the offense and the offense missed a field goal, the defensive the got one point. It was to reward the defence for keeping the other team from scoring a "major."

yep...the ol Single (rouge)

if a punt or missed FG goes into the end zone and the other team doesnt run it out, the kicking team gets a single

(btw: the Vikes tickets at the big inflatable toilet (metrodome) are $38 in the 2nd deck corners
End zone seats on the first deck are $76

You bet Iceberg/diamondjim re: the one point thing. I though the NFL had the same rule, I guess I don't watch it enough. I watched the last half of the toronto/calgary opener last week. Calgary were being pinheads and had a few penalties in the dieing minutes. Watch out for the Edmonton Eskimos this year. Based on the roster, they should have two excellent QB's and some good DT's this year. I think there going to kick some. There use to be a rule that CFL could only have 25% american players, now I think its 50%. So no matter how you look at it, its a good training ground for future allstars, and all the up an commers out of both of our fine countries. Never did watch how Doug Flutie and Warren Moon did down there (I don't think very well).

cheers

sharris said:
Never did watch how Doug Flutie and Warren Moon did down there

Moon did great, played into his early 40s. Flutie did all right when he first came, then as he got older he got to bouncing around to any team that would take him. I heard he turned into a cancer in the clubhouse.

I hate the goal post on the back line of the end zone. I remember when they were on the goal line and the NFL said there were to many field goals so they moved them back in the early 70s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)