Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Anybody watch the CFL game that had no announcers Saturday night on RTN? Edmonton vs. Toronto?

Since the CBC has a labour strike, so there were no announcers to call the game.

I thought it was pretty good. Just like being there (but my pop only cost 5 bucks a case instead of 5 bucks a glass :D

Shoot, I was gonna check this out (on KTSC locally) but forgot. I would have loved to have seen it.

Is this is a 'dig in their heels' type strike, or are talks improving? If not, I'll have to check in next weekend.

DiscoLoveGrapes said:
Shoot, I was gonna check this out (on KTSC locally) but forgot. I would have loved to have seen it.
I forgot about KSTC...I was watching it on the CBC :)

Is this is a 'dig in their heels' type strike, or are talks improving? If not, I'll have to check in next weekend.

you should be OK with seeing it this week. This might be a dig your heels in

gonna be a good game next week....BC at Saskatchewan

I know next to nothing about the CBC dispute, except that the sources I read referred to it as a lockout. I also read that the CBC plans to continue these announcer-less broadcasts for the CFL "and hockey"!

I enjoyed Saturday's game without the announcers, but I hope things get settled in time for Don Cherry's between-periods show on Hockey Night in Canada.

Diamond Jim said:
Does anybody remember in 1982 when NBC did a Jets-Dolphins game without announcers to see if it would work? No announcers, just natural sound and graphics. I thought it was great.

A while back there was a "NFL on TV" documentary type thing and that was mentioned. The story was something like NBC was about to beat CBS in the ratings for the first time and they had a stinker of a game (the one above) and they decided to do no announcers :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)