CFL and RTN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sharris

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Calgary area
Thanx Gary and those putting CFL on RTN. Now I get a majority of the games I want to see without blackouts. As I live in between the two big cities, Edmonton/Calgary, it puts me in a blackout zone which doesn't make any sense to me because I'm an hour from both.

Anyways, when the kids are upstairs watching cartoons or my wife is watching a nightime soap, its a great break away.

Thanx again.

sharris
you blacked out of BOTH teams on CBC/TSN?

it is nice to have them on FTA because I can watch them in other rooms of the house :)

Since these games are on RTN, are they from this season ??????????

Sorry, I couldn't help myself .............

:D :D

Iceberg said:
sharris
you blacked out of BOTH teams on CBC/TSN?

Ya unfortunetely. Like I said its totally stupid. The only calgary/edm games I get are the away games and what we call the "Labour day classic" (which is the two Alberta Teams head to head on labour day) and the only reason for the labour day game is that its a capacity crowd (around 63,000). Like I said, a big thanx to RTN. P.s. no word on the CBC strike, so we might see a few more games without announcers. I think the last game turned out pretty good considering. What they did was, as I'm sure you noticed, the game announcer in the stadium did a little more than usual.

I just noticed I posted in new finds area..ICE...can you move to the regular. whoops.

Sean

Ya unfortunetely. Like I said its totally stupid. The only calgary/edm games I get are the away games and what we call the "Labour day classic" (which is the two Alberta Teams head to head on labour day) and the only reason for the labour day game is that its a capacity crowd (around 63,000). Like I said, a big thanx to RTN. P.s. no word on the CBC strike, so we might see a few more games without announcers. I think the last game turned out pretty good considering. What they did was, as I'm sure you noticed, the game announcer in the stadium did a little more than usual.

Yep. The Labour day games….Toronto/Hamilton & Calgary/Edmonton.. These teams play each other twice in less than 6 days (in Calgary/Edmonton its 5 days…Monday & Friday).

It does seem dumb that you would be blacked out of BOTH Edmonton & Calgary. I have a Hamilton address and only get blacked out of Hamilton games (only game that was blacked out was one CBC game and that was off of just CBC Toronto…I could see it on the rest)

I really liked the announcerless game. I could hear the PA guy just fine. But it was hard to do other stuff while trying to listen to the game. : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)