Ch 103, free preview channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
We have a Hopper w/Sling running the Carbon UI and have (2) channel 103s, one being free previews (indicated as SD) and one as the Hopper channel. Problem is, I can't view the previews channel. When I select it, it takes me to the Hopper channel. Does this happen for anyone else ?

The Joey behaves the same way too.

I can see both on my H3 if I set the Guide to display All Subscribed or All Channels. If I am set to a Fav channel list then I can only access the Hopper Insider 103.
We have a Hopper w/Sling running the Carbon UI and have (2) channel 103s, one being free previews (indicated as SD) and one as the Hopper channel. Problem is, I can't view the previews channel. When I select it, it takes me to the Hopper channel. Does this happen for anyone else ?

Our guide is always set to "All subscribed". It's odd that they both show up as the settings are to 'hide' any duplicate SD channels. It shouldn't even show the SD channel, in fact. That gives me an idea and that is to turn off that setting of hiding the duplicate channels.

In this case, the HD channel is not the equivalent of the SD channel. They are two completely different channels that just happen to map to the same channel number.

Reactions: Hall

I have the same hws with carbon ui but I can watch either channel 103 the preview or hopper channel

In this case, the HD channel is not the equivalent of the SD channel. They are two completely different channels that just happen to map to the same channel number.
I disabled the setting for hiding the equivalent channels but it didn't help. When I select channel 103/SD, it shows me 103/HD (the Hopper promo channel).

I just ended up using the Dish Perks app, which has a "Free Preview" tab...

Reactions: pattykay
I disabled the setting for hiding the equivalent channels but it didn't help. When I select channel 103/SD, it shows me 103/HD (the Hopper promo channel).

All you need to do is just press channel down when on the Hopper channel to get to the preview channel. I think its a bug that you cannot get to it directly from the guide.

Reactions: bspei and Hall
I'll try that ! I (almost) never use the channel up/down buttons !
That might explain why I have never seen that bug. I (almost) always use the channel up/down buttons. Also, I have the original Hopper without the Carbon UI.

Yes, the app, or even the Free Preview page on the mydish website, will probably be more accurate than channel 103 SD, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)