CH 21 (DFW) and HD?

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
With local channel 21 carrying the Rangers this year, any chance Dish will start transmitting Ch 21 in HD?

Tell you what, the only thing keeping me from jumping ship to U-Verse is no MLB Network. Last year when I was stuck with SD on Fox and Ch 27 my friends were able to watch it in HD.

Where in the metroplex are you located? With in 60 miles of Cedar Hill you should be able to use a small antenna and only 1 wire to the DISH receiver.

I'm up in North Fort Worth. Which is about 45 miles or so from Cedar Hill. I have cheap HD antenna hooked up upstairs and get ok reception with it. Think I may try it downstairs on my new TV. I just looked on Amazon and saw some newer indoor HD antennas that may work even better. And $50.00 won't break the bank.

Put a Winrgard HD1080 in the attic and diplex it down on the satellite cable to the DISH HD receiver if it is a DVR you can even record the OTA. And that is a small TV antenna.

Well I moved it down and hooked it up and my results were MEH at best. Was losing a lot of the signal. But again this is with a cheap antenna. I may still try a better one.

Well I moved it down and hooked it up and my results were MEH at best. Was losing a lot of the signal. But again this is with a cheap antenna. I may still try a better one.

Get a real antenna not indoor "rabbit ears". Then do what boba said. As far as E* or D* carrying that channel I wouldn't hold your breathe. It's an indy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts