Be aware, DISH may be roaming your neighborhood . . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
Be prepared . . . this is a long story.

Yesterday I had an interesting encounter with, first a "DISH employee" (?) or so she was imploring that was wandering our neighborhood gathering information on experiences with DISH, then two goons that she called to "rescue" her from me.

Now the story. This is one long saga.

First, she did not have any DISH ID, of which is mandatory with their “peddlers” permit and the law, except for a DISH golf shirt. Then after things went pear shaped I called DISH to see if this person and situation was a legitimate DISH “thing”, and was told by the first DISH CRR (Customer Retention Rep. My calls go directly to them.) that I spoke to that said DISH does not do this kind of thing and that the shirt could be had by anyone and probably a retailer. OK. I had seen her wandering our area and thought nothing about it. Kinda. When she got to my house I greeted her, thinking that since she was oriental (no slur, bias or anything intended here – purely a timing thing) that she might be collecting relief donations for Japan. Of which I'd be more than glad to donate. But that was not the case.

As I was working on my sprinkling system, she walked up to the house, I asked as she passed me, startling her, if I could help her. She stated her business and we started talking about DISH. I gave a tour of the property and told of the encounters, not all positive, but then in a situation like this that is what this type of exchange is meant for AND what I was led to believe she was looking for. I told her the truth of what I have been through and issues that I have and am having, that many here on the forums have also had. She immediately, in a DISH fanboi manner, responded to each point that the issues that I have had, which again have been supported by DISH Supers and I have read about here on these forums, did not happen and since she had never heard of or been confronted by friends of hers that knows she "works for DISH" about them nor was unaware of them, so they did not exist nor happen. I told of the times that I had several techs including a Supervisor at the house and they would not go up on the roof for some reason, that OSHA says is crap. Of which she says DISH does do roofs. No, not in my neighborhood. So I told her that they instead scaled my 50’ fireplace while I stood behind, on the roof, at waist height handing them the gear. Of which I have posted about here at least once. She said this did not happen. Sorry I was there it did as did all the points I stated. I brought up the EPG and she offered to have a tech come out. I told her that it was a DISH thing with Tribune and that I have years of proof that a tech could not remedy. No matter, this still did not happen. This chick was clueless. At this point I got “upset” and sent her on her way.

At this point I then wondered if she was real or just casing the neighborhood? We have long since been told by our local Police to call them in this type of event. But I gave her the benefit of the doubt and called DISH first to see why they would send such an inexperience, unprofessional into the field? Thus the first CRR. I asked why were they having unprofessional, uneducated, undocumented pleebs roaming around? He said DISH doesn’t and asked if I got a name or OP ID, which I couldn't since there wasn't one visible and now come to find out none at all. The CRR said that it was probably a retailer since DISH did not do this kind of stuff and asked if I could get the info and call them back so that it could be dealt with appropriately. I knew that she was still around so I went to find her and ask. I took off in the direction that I last saw her go, but out of the corner of my eye saw her at a point where she had covered three times the territory that she previously did all afternoon. Obviously no takers.

Since her car was parked on the back of my property, I went to “greet” her there. She saw me from a block and a half away, so there was no ambush. When she approached me, we both smiled and I told her that I was told by DISH to get her name and OP ID. She got this “Oh Sh^t” look on her face and fumbled in her “satchel”. I asked her if she had a business card and she responded that she was contract labor, non-exempt and they did not give them business cards. I then said fine how about your name and OP ID, as per DISH. She then asked if I minded if she made a call. I said no. She then pulled out her phone and wandered about a half a block away from me. It looked like she made several calls, not just one. In the meantime my neighbor pulled up into his driveway which was between me and the distance that she has wondered. We spoke briefly and he, who is Asian, asked me what was going on. I paraphrased and he replied, “That is why I have Xfinity”, even though there is a 1k2 right there on the side of his garage (previous owner) that I had put there. He went in and a couple, 15 minutes later, a big black SUV pulls up to her and these two, who I wish to call “goons” climb out and approach her. After speaking to her briefly, they come to me in a “Mafioso” way and started in on me. WELL . . . I said great and now that they were all here I could get all their names and OP ID’s. After a couple of minutes of worthless banter I was told that they did not have to give this information out and would never have to. WRONG!!! Now I know better and that it is not true from previous encounters with DISH and what the two CRR’s that I spoke with today told me. They say to always get and that they will always give their DISH related info. The two went to the young lady and put her in their car and drove past me 50 feet to her car, ushered into her car and pushed her off.

When I was confronted by these "gentlemen", I was treated as the "bad guy" in this situation. At times, three, the conversation went to a point where I offered my hand and it was taken. I then said good since she could or would not give me her DISH ID info I would be more than glad to take theirs. They said no. Even though the one that I shook hands with had a neck tag that was turned around his neck. I asked for the info off off that and was told by both that they did not have to and don't give that info out. Which is completely contrary to what I have been told. But I did get his name and an OP ID and was “allowed” to touch his ID tag in the end. All the while the two “goons” were trying to intimidate me as best as they could. Good luck. I asked if they had permits and that if they, did they know that proper ID is required. They showed me their “permits” that were barely readable Xerox’s. Which obviously they did not read nor know of their content. This tells me that this whole expedition was poorly executed. I then told them that in an instance such as this we were told by our local Police Dept to call them. They jumped at this and said they would be more than glad to call and have ME charged with “harassment”. I said great knowing that this was not the case. After more worthless attempts at “intimidating” me, I asked if they or I was to call the Police? The one that looked more like the “superior” pulled out his phone and after more worthless banter, dialed. Little, at the time, did I know that it was not the Police that he was calling, but “maybe” a supervisor. I was asked by him for my name and address. I told him that I would be more than glad to after they gave me theirs. NO! I then asked to speak to the officer that I believe that he had called. Come to find out it was a female supervisor or counterpart. At that time he raised the phone to his ear and told the other guy “let’s go, this will not amount to anything”. I was dumbfounded. I wanted to talk to the Police. As they went to their car the one that I shook hands with asked me why I was following her? I said I wasn’t and that I had never left my property until I was waiting for her to make her “call”. He instantly got an “Oh Sh^t” look on his face and turned into my best friend, then left.

They drove off and I just stood there as one would after watching a really stupid cartoon. And yes I had to watch it. After trying to get the Tabby that is roaming our area, who has avoided the Coyotes (good for you) and is developing into a fine animal, to come to me, I wondered into the house and called DISH . . . again. I got a CRR that was great. She listened to me and said that there was no reason why any of this should have happened, that they don’t send people out like this and that any of them not have given me the info I was told to ask for. She took down my accounting of the situation into my account. Just to be thorough I asked for her to read it back and she had the gist of it without any grandeur. Then she read to me as she typed into her personal notes that she recommended that I call the Police. Which I did. An Officer called me back and in typical fashion of a cop on the beat, he only wanted the “Cliff Notes” version. After hearing what I recanted here, he said that I did nothing that could be labeled as “harassment”. Whereas, being “threatened” with having the Police called on me is. He gave me a case number in case I wanted to take this further. I’ve had just about enough crap from DISH and just might.

In the course of the evening I told my partners on the West Coast and lawyer that is in Singapore about my “eventful” day and they all said that I should sue. I’m still watching that bad cartoon.

This is just plain F^cking Nutz! Who does DISH or whomever these people are, think they are? Obviously, above the law. They said that they’d be back in a couple of months or so. The city says no.

So just as a warning, they maybe coming to your neighborhood . . . soon.

Quit reading the rambling about two sentences in...was givng me a headache!

When somebody like that comes to the door, I answer it and tell them to hold on just a second that I'll be right back. I go get my camera, and as soon as I swing the door back open I take their picture. I immediately ask for some official ID. If they seem ligit, I'll listen to about 11 seconds of their Spiel before I tell them I'm not interested. If they are shady, I go and make pictures of his/her/their car and the license plate--then I tell them that this neighborhood has a 'crime watch' group and we keep track of solicitors and such--then I tell them I'm not interested.

But back to the original post--that does not sound like Dish. They were up to something else. Most criminals are dumb (just watch the news), but others are really smart/creative (just watch the news).

Simple, OP confronted suspicious undocumented person(s) roaming his neighborhood and did due diligence. :)
A couple of weeks ago I saw a mini van with out of state plates and a bunch of bicycles with 2 Women loading another in it in my neighborhood, I turned around pulled up close enough to get a shot of their plates when one of them asked what I was doing... I told her the reason then went on...

It would make more sense to me when you see anything suspicious to call the police first,if they are legit there would be no problem.But if they are not and you take action you maybe putting yourself in harm's way.Leave it to the professionals those who know and are trained and armed to handle any situation that may arise when confronting a suspected criminal.:)

So contract sales person for a retailer is walking your hood looking for customers.

You have a gripe with Dish

So you decide to go give these people a hard time.

You call the police and pull them off the road. Probably missing stopping a real crime :)

The only thing I may see is a no solicitation violation. I really doubt that there were goons sent to your property to intimidate you. More than likely was a couple other sales people that came to get you off the poor girls back.

It's possible that I could be some group casing houses to break into, but they would really try to be unseen. Not walking around the hood plain site.

It could of been people looking for a house to break into. The thieves send a woman because the majority of home break ins are done by men. Men walking door to door look more suspicious than a woman. The woman goes door to door knocking or ringing. If someone answers, the girl gives some b.s. excuse as to why she rang or knocked. The person home will usually wave off the woman. She will continue on door to door until no one opens the door and it seems like if nobody is home. At that time she will call the "goons" who break into the house.

It would be best to get a picture of the person, car and license plate of the car that person got into. If you ask them for their name, and they are up to no good they will give a false name. And if they are really up to no good, then the car or plates on the car they get into are stolen. With the pictures, it would help when, if they are reported to the police.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts