Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I rarely get out of my favorites list to surf. With the Starz free weekend I went to "Channels I get" and noticed 4 hd "test channels" and 5 sd "test channels" on 490-494.

Have these always been there??

Were these channels here for the NFL package??

I apologize if this has been posted but I could not find any info.

I rarely get out of my favorites list to surf. With the Starz free weekend I went to "Channels I get" and noticed 4 hd "test channels" and 5 sd "test channels" on 490-494.

Yes, these channels have been there for quite some time now, several years anyways, they are test channels so you can verify that you are seeing the correct sat and that your BBC's are working correctly, each channel has a note at the bottom stating what it's for.

Jimbo

They've been there since before D10 was lit up last September. They were created to see if people had the right equipment installed and that it was working properly in order to see the new HD channels. This helped a lot of people because it let them know that they had faulty BBCs. Remember that D10 was the first reason that a BBC was needed in order to receive channels.

Thanks guys.

I need to get out of my favorites guide more often.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.