Ch. 82 NBC East HD Now On for All

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
If you tune to channel 82 you will be able to see the Olympics in HD on NBC. Those without NBC HD for your locals, you may want to take advantage of this.

Will they continue this, or is just during certain times during the olympics, I know we have our own locals + the special feeds but it is just another neat feature of D* that they do that sometimes.

i got the same thing when i checked this afternoon after i got home from church!

my thinking is that they only show this during NBC's "Live" coverage of the olympics, when nbc is showing "tape delayed" stuff it is blackedout, we shall see in about 8 minutes because it will be live again.

my thinking is that they only show this during NBC's "Live" coverage of the olympics, when nbc is showing "tape delayed" stuff it is blackedout, we shall see in about 8 minutes because it will be live again.

WHAT NBC is showing LIVE EVENTS ???
What a concept.

I cannot watch a recorded game barley and they want me to watch a taped delayed Olympics ....:(

I understand that it is no wheres near here, but come on.

WHAT NBC is showing LIVE EVENTS ???
What a concept.

I cannot watch a recorded game barley and they want me to watch a taped delayed Olympics ....:(

I understand that it is no wheres near here, but come on.

I understand your frusteration, China is a tough place to have the olympics and have americans be able to follow them, but I believe the coverage will be live as it will be 7 AM in Behjing.

Interesting..... 80 and 380 (CBS) and the golf tournament are on at the moment, but NOT the NBC counterparts. At least they are on here, I'm guessing they will go off once the Golf is over.

Jimbo

i believe olympic events begin as early as 9am (9pm our time) in bejiing. i recorded the misty may-keri walsh beach volleyball match saturday evening that began 9am sunday morning, china time.

Yeah, for us east coaster's, the time difference (exactly 12 hours ahead in Beijing) is ideal for "Prime Time" for the big popular sports (swimming, Gymnatics, Track & Field). And that is not a dis on the other sports...just calling it like it is. :) But being a night owl myself, I love the midday China/overnight East Coast stuff too. I like to keep up with the soccer and water polo and other misc events. I have managed to only need one HR20 for recording everything that I want (so far). But in the next few days as track and field gets underway, I will need to employ my bedroom HR20 to keep up. 4 tuners recording from the 5-6 streams of competition...ahh. Tis glorious to be able to record as much Olympics as I can handle, and fast forward through the "crap" I dont' want. :D

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)