Change default from 20 saved recordings

mountain

Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
NC
Is there any way to change the number of saved recording default from the 5 or ??
I highlight the set system default when I record with new start time and end time and 5 in the records saved. The next time I record the start/end time are set to the new default but the saved number is still 20.
Thanks

mountain,

My 622 acts like you describe. However, 2 or 3 software updates ago you could easily change.

Is there any way to change the number of saved recording default from the 5 or ??
I highlight the set system default when I record with new start time and end time and 5 in the records saved. The next time I record the start/end time are set to the new default but the saved number is still 20.
Thanks

You can only change the default of the start and end times. You can not set a default number of recordings, you need to change that on EACH timer you create.
Its always been that way except they (dish) changed it from unlimited to 20 a few software versions back.

I have both the 622 and 722 and it's on both. I just have to get use to changing it every time. Would be nice to set it also in like the start/end time.
Thanks

I must say that I don't like the new imposed 20 show limit because I have to change it often. Yes, there are several shows I record that do exceed the 20 or come close and I RESENT having to change this each time, whereas before I only had to make that change once and save it as the default. It is not a PITA. Good Grief! Between this stupid update and the one that changed the color guide assignments around, it seems each new Dish update us designed to frustrate and make using the device a PITA. The 2 cited examples should have been left alone by Dish.

On the 922 the default is still all. I tried to change it but you're right. I can't figure out how to change it either. I'd much rather have it at all.

Press DVR 3 times - select timers - pick a timer, any timer - select options - bottom of window is maximum recorded events, default is # for me which is infinite, but you can cycle this through 1-25 in various increments and set as system default just above that.

Done, done, done, done, done...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)