Change equipment?

mailguy

Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Ohio
I currently have a VIP722 connected to a HDTV (family room, TV 1) and a standard TV (den, TV 2). I also have VIP 211 connected to a HDTV (bedroom). I am finally going to get a HDTV in the den. I know I have to make a change to get HD receiption in the den. I would like DVR availibility in both the family room and den. Not necessary in the bedroom.

I am considering a Sony Internet TV for the den.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you want independent viewing in Den and FR, I'd suggest another 211 (only $7.00 monthly fee) and pay the one time $40.00 charge to turn it into a DVR with an external hard drive (you would also be able to use it in the BR). If not, you could run HDMI from the 722 to the den (or the BR) and use component in the LR...both outputs are live. This is what we do in our kitchen and bedroom since we seldom if ever watch them both at the same time.

Another 211 with an ehd will give you hd with dvr like capabilities. With a $40 activation fee per account you could add an ehd to both 211's. You could leave the home distribution hooked up to the coax input in the den giving you the capabilities of hd from the 211 and still watch in sd the 722.

211 as stated is probably cheapest and possibly best route to go_One other option would be to go with a vip612,it would run you $10 more per month but has 2 tuners so you can watch one show while recording another.The 612 now also has blockbuster movie pass which the 211 doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)