Change going on in Albuquerque's TV market!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I noted the KASA-DT, RF ch. 27 now sending in 1080p instead of 720p!

Now wait a second! How can KASA-DT be sending in 1080p instead of 1080i video format in ATSC 1.0 world with pigging packing 4 extra subchannels all in 480i?

Must be encoding errors but then again the picture quality looks little better with video frames rates crank down.

I think the new owner took over, Ramar broadcast company is replaced by NBC Universal Telemundeo.

Now moving on to KTEL-CD RF ch. 15 is still off the air due to tech problems or switching to ATSC 3.0?

So far no new FCC database on this station other than ownership change to NBC Universal Telemundeo, so will have to keep eye on that. :) :hungry2

KUPT-LD, RF ch. 32 Still the same, no change despite the ownership change.

KNMQ-LD, RF ch. 20.4 now showing BIZ-TV in 480i 16:9 widescreen.

Same goes for ACE-TV now in 480i stretched 16:3 on RF ch. 20.6.

KYNM-CA, RF ch. 21 now showing KCHF-DT in 720p on 21.5.

Both stations are owned by Son broadcasting.

KRTN-LD, RF ch. 18 Still the same despite the ownership change to NBC Universal Telemundeo.

KWPL-LD, RF ch. 30 just added Aztec telenovia soap opera TV Network in 480i 16:9 on remapped 45.3.

This station is still having hiccups on every 5 to 8 seconds of pictures breaking up thanks to MPEG-2 encoder. :rolleyes:

This station is owned by HC2.

That's the news from Albuquerque's TV broadcast market!:hatsoff

Little update on KASA-DT, they just switched from rare 1080p to 1080i video format.

Have yet to see NBC's LX to come on and maybe Cozi might move from KASY-DT yet to remain to be seen. :) :hatsoff

Updates on KNMQ-LD, RF ch. 20.5 has moved KCHF-DT to KYNM-CA RF 21.5 make room for a new Sports TV Network called New Mexico Sports Network, which will starts in 9-1-21 and will carry high school, college and pro levels.

My TV says it's in 480i WS 16:9, but engineering maybe tweaking around and put it on in 720p mode hopefully?

Will have to keep eye on it and go from there. :cool: :hatsoff

Been Googling for NMSN's website but no show.

Did try KNMQ-LD but they don't have their own website.

KYNM-CA, used to have website, but gone.

Even KCHF-DT's website don't mention any new updates on NMSN. :rolleyes:

How can the folks figure out the NMSN's TV broadcast schedules when don't have the source informations?

Maybe I am over looking something!:):hatsoff

Update news on KWPL-LD, They finally fixed MPEG-2's hiccups for all subchannels, however they still need to fix Closed Captioning short blips issues on Bein Sports Extra HD.

Hopefully later in the future they will move the transmitter to Sandia Crest Mountain antenna farm from the valley area near I-40. :):hatsoff

More new updates! :)

KWBQ-DT, has just added Rewind TV Network on remapped ch. 19.5 or RF ch. 29.5 in 480i WS 16:9 and CC.

KNMQ-LD, Now carrying NMSN "New Mexico Sports Network " on RF ch. 20.5 in 480i WS 16:9 no CC or EPG.

Too bad not in HD 720p.:(

And finally KWPL-LD Just add 2 new subchannels remapped 45.5 and .6 or RF ch. 30 both in 480i 4:3 with old shows mixed with info ads junks.

So far no news on NBC Universal Telemundeo takeover on Ramar owned stations, this will take time by slow moving FCC's bureaucracy paperwork. :p

Also no new news on commercial stations have yet to file for ATSC 3.0 to the FCC.

Only 1 station is on the air in ATSC 3.0 is KNMD-DT RF ch. 8 running at 16.6 KW ERP.:):hatsoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts