Change In HD Quality, or is it just me?

lmtorres

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2004
I travel a lot for work and sometimes don't watch my home TV for days. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my HD channels didn't seem to have the crispness that they had before. The overall picture quality seemed softer. I can remember telling my wife (on more than one occassion) how some actors are going to be in trouble because the HD picture showed every facial flaw, but now the picture is not nearly that sharp.

I've checked my tv settings and they are all good, reset the tuner, checked to make sure that it was set to the highest HD setting (where I always kept it), but all seems fine. I don't mean to say that the quality looks SD because it is definitely better, but it's not what I had grown accustomed to.

I remember reading a couple of threads regarding some changes that were made to the Voom system, but don't recall if they would have had any effect on PQ.

Anyone else seeing this, or have any ideas about what I can look at to improve the situation?

BTW, I've had Voom now for a number of months and hope that they see this crisis through because I'm sold on HD programming.

Thanks all,
Lou

Check some of the other threads. There has been very heavy discussion on this because of the use of the new encoders that went on-line. There is a very heavy debate here. Personally, I agree with you.

I also agree with you...We now have low res hi def and I think it's here to stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)