Change in Verizon's Terms of Service

gburke

Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
I have Verizon Fios internet and TV service in the Tampa Bay area in Florida. I just received the following notification from Verizon:

"If you are on a term plan and Verizon ceases offering service to your location prior to the end of your term commitment, you will not have to pay an Early Termination Fee."

Aside from it being silly, does this imply that Fios is being dropped in some service areas?

Does anyone know anything about this?

I have Verizon Fios internet and TV service in the Tampa Bay area in Florida. I just received the following notification from Verizon:

"If you are on a term plan and Verizon ceases offering service to your location prior to the end of your term commitment, you will not have to pay an Early Termination Fee."

Aside from it being silly, does this imply that Fios is being dropped in some service areas?

Does anyone know anything about this?
not quite..Verizon Is selling some states (ie Indiana) that have fios in them

Frontier is buying a large portion of Verizon landline areas, some of which have FIOS. So this allows Verizon to cease offering FIOS once Frontier takes over. Frontier of course could continue, but the agreement with Verizon will be terminated and no ETF will take place.

Verizon announced back in May that they were trading out their wireline service in 14 states to Verizon but many of those areas had no FIOS. The number was placed at around 69,000 as the number of customers impacted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)