Change over from DirecTV to DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
G

Original poster
I have a single LNB dish from DirecTV with a multi-switch enabling me to feed signal to two televisions (with individual receivers) and one television with TIVO receiver. I want to upgrade to HDTV on one television but only when I can record HDTV programming to watch at a later time. Should I wait for the new R-921 receiver? Can I then get one superdish to replace the current DirecTV one? My building will not allow more than one dish. If I decide in the future to have HDTV sets in all three rooms, will I need upgraded receivers?

The receivers will have to be DishPro in order to be capable of using the SuperDish (301, 501, 721 are the current DishPro receivers). The SuperDish switch will have an output to four receivers.

I would recommend that you not do anthing in anticipation of what you expect to be the case sometime in the future. Wait until the 921 receivers are actually available and early-adopters have installed them & reported their experiences. You may not be the first on your block to have the technology, but at least you'll be able to make an informed decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)