Change Program Guide format?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skip Laughlin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
I've had my HR21-700 for 24 hours now and I am favorably impressed. I think DTV has done many things right.

I do miss the HR10-250 Tivo-style program guide, where the channels are listed on the left and the programs and times for the selected channel are listed on the right, with the times displayed vertically.

That program guide format sure makes it easier to scroll through the various programs, looking ahead, rather than the format where the times are displayed horizontally and you move right 1/2 or 1 hour at a time.

I can't find any way to have that program guide format with this unit. Or am I missing something? Or does Tivo claim that they invented the format and no one else can use it?

I do miss the HR10-250 Tivo-style program guide, where the channels are listed on the left and the programs and times for the selected channel are listed on the right, with the times displayed vertically.

Not exactly the same but close. When you're in the guide, move the cursor over to the channel number then press the INFO button.

Thanks. Much better for scrolling through movies on the various movie channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.