Change to Hopper or stay with 622 with distant networks?

I didn't think DISH offered distants anymore period, HD or not....

They are talking about the AAD distants available from the Dish satellite but not through Dish. Dish does not offer distants in the traditional sense. Only for RV's, Truckers, etc.... but it's not done as simply as before.....

Last question, if I switch to to the 722K I know I can move everything off the DVR to my EHD, but when I hook up the EHD to the 722K, will it overwrite everything that is there? Thanks again for the advice, sure saves me some $$$!

Iceberg said:
premiums are exempt. But if he changes receivers I've heard of the system forcing you to get locals

Ungood for my considering moving to H/J.

well that would be great! I thought when you hooked up the EHD, the Dish receiver reformatted it and you lost everything.

So if we don't want to lose/change functionality, we should rule out the H/J set up. If you had to update a DVR receiver which would you go with the 722?
A single Hopper would not give you a TV 2 like signal, however a Hopper plus a Joey would. The Joey would provide the second independent signal to your other TVs with the benefit that one or more of the TVs could be HD. You'd need RF modulators on both the Hopper and Joey composite outputs to feed your current system.

The 722k would probably be less monthly cost than 1 Hopper + 1 Joey. 722k would be $6 DVR fee. 1H + 1J would be $6 DVR + $4 whole house + $7 "additional outlet" fee for Joey. So $11 more per month.

And don't forget about bugs. H/J is new and will have some bugs and missing features initially. We won't know what those are until units have been in the field for a while.

Hopper has a larger DVR drive but you can always connect an EHD to any of the current receivers.

Unless you can make use of a second HD signal or need additional DVR storage the 722k could be the best solution for you.
Is the 922 not available anymore?
Not available at least at this time. Some speculate it's gone forever, others say it'll be back after the software engineers get H/J code "finished".

The 922 would cost $10/month (a higher DVR fee -- just because).

My 922 is stable as long as I don't try to connect via Sling. But I don't recommend the 922 as a new receiver.

I really don't think the ViP922 will be offered for new installs anymore. I suspect bad ones will garner H/J offers. Heck, maybe by year's end there will be a blanket offer of H/J for all the ViP922s in the field.

I really don't think the ViP922 will be offered for new installs anymore. I suspect bad ones will garner H/J offers. Heck, maybe by year's end there will be a blanket offer of H/J for all the ViP922s in the field.

We can all hope that they do just that and retire the 922 for good. I wouldn't wish that bad experience that it was, on anyone out there.

Probably won't happen for me....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)