Changed All Hardware - Still Can't Get A Signal!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, it says "1 to 1" at first, and then changes to "1 of 4" which it completes.

I'm going to take another look at the shielding, just in case.

I have checked the mast with a digital level, and it is coming in at 89.5 degrees or better. I even calibrated it, and swung the meter 180 degrees to be sure I was getting a good reading.

The dish has open sky, except to the far left and right (150 to 210 degrees true, and the target azimuth is 180).

Thanks!

Michael
ok it goes to "1 0f 4".....Does it it complete all four tests? "4 of 4" then you see three "ok's"..for each tuner? 110/119/129?

ok it goes to "1 0f 4".....Does it it complete all four tests? "4 of 4" then you see three "ok's"..for each tuner? 110/119/129?

I appreciate the tip. I found the problem. Dish said to point the dish to an elevation angle of 49, and it turned out it needed to be all the way up to 58. A summary of what I found is in post #37.

Thanks!

Michael

If the elevation is that far off then either your mast isn't plumb, something is wrong in your dish assembly or the pole isn't stable and the weight of the dish was causing it to sag.

If the elevation is that far off then either your mast isn't plumb, something is wrong in your dish assembly or the pole isn't stable and the weight of the dish was causing it to sag.

That guys mast is way out of plumb. I checked and the elevation should be about 49.
Individually. from zip 90210( chose that based on the OP being in SO Cal/beverly hills is SO Cal)
110 elevation is 48.5 119 is 50.3 and 129 is 48.6.
If the OP has his EL set to 58 something is very wrong.

When you are checking the "plumb" of your mast are you checking it on all sides, or just how the mast pivots at the foot (one direction)? The top of the mast must be level N,S,E & W....all the way around....all directions...front to back AND side to side.

The mast is plumb from what I am measuring. I've checked it with both a digital level and a bubble level. I checked it on two sides 90 degrees apart. I also flipped the level to be sure it read +90 and -90. It did.

Could the degree markings stamped onto the side of the support be off?

Michael

Put the dish on there and check it. It may be that the dish is causing the mast to become far enough out of plum to miss your birds.

I’m wondering what you used for reference. When I first set my dish I was using the bolt for reference, but then took a closer and noticed what I should have been using. My dish is set for 40 deg using the bit of metal highlighted in red. (like the manufacture should have)

Attachments

• P1000121.jpg
    P1000121.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 121
I’m wondering what you used for reference. When I first set my dish I was using the bolt for reference, but then took a closer and noticed what I should have been using. My dish is set for 40 deg using the bit of metal highlighted in red. (like the manufacture should have)

BINGO! I was using the bolt, instead of the edge. It's funny that the skew is marked in red, but not the edge for elevation.

Nevertheless, the elevation still came out to 53 degrees, instead of 49. I checked the pole again, and it is within 1/2 degree of vertical with the dish on it.

Thank you!

Michael

BINGO! I was using the bolt, instead of the edge. It's funny that the skew is marked in red, but not the edge for elevation.

Nevertheless, the elevation still came out to 53 degrees, instead of 49. I checked the pole again, and it is within 1/2 degree of vertical with the dish on it.

Thank you!

Michael
so the post you ,mounted is a half bubble out of plumb? Or did you use a protractor to determine your angle .
Because 0.5 degrees off would not result in a 4 degree difference in elevation.
Now if you used a bubble level and your off by a half bubble, I would say yes, 4 degrees of elevation is feasable.
Here's the bottom line. If it works, don't mess with it.

There were dish 500 that had mismarked elevation. I don,t remember by how much but so you could not lock on the satellite.

so the post you ,mounted is a half bubble out of plumb? Or did you use a protractor to determine your angle .
Because 0.5 degrees off would not result in a 4 degree difference in elevation.
Now if you used a bubble level and your off by a half bubble, I would say yes, 4 degrees of elevation is feasable.
Here's the bottom line. If it works, don't mess with it.

I'm using a SmartLevel (digital). It's been calibrated, too.

I won't be messing with it. It's dailed in about as well as possible.:)

Michael

89.5 is not perfectly plumb. This threw off your elevation, resulting in the 9 degrees difference. Like mentioned above-if it works leave it. Remember how far away the sat. is. A little mis-aim here will put you way off in space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts