Changed resolution-now no picture

auburnmdw

Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
OK, so I was messing around with my HDTV settings on my 811 last night. I changed the resolution from 480 to 1020 with no problem. But when I changed from 1080 to 720, I lost my picture. So now I'm stuck with a blue screen, as if someone had unplugged the box from the back of the tv. The box appears to be working normally, but it is just not communicating with the television. Anyone else out there had this problem, or have a suggestion? Thanks

Happens to me fairly regular, I run at 480 most of the time, SD channels seam a bit better. I Change to 1080 for HD.
Reboot and it comes back after search & menu download.
BSOD seems more often if I go through options quickly, if I slowly go through each screen
it's usually OK.

I did that last night. after waiting on hold for about 20 minutes with Dish, the tech told me to route RCA cables from video out to my TV inputs (not the digital inputs). then, switch the tv to the appropropriate input device and you can reset your receiver to 1080i. he recommended leaving them hooked up like that in case it happens again. also another way to toggle back and forth between signal formats for HD vs SD.

planestress said:
I did that last night. after waiting on hold for about 20 minutes with Dish, the tech told me to route RCA cables from video out to my TV inputs (not the digital inputs). then, switch the tv to the appropropriate input device and you can reset your receiver to 1080i. he recommended leaving them hooked up like that in case it happens again. also another way to toggle back and forth between signal formats for HD vs SD.

sounds like your TV isnt 720p compatible.

Hook up your 811 using svideo and switch you TV to the svideo input to switch back. Like others have said, most likely the TV does not support 720p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts