Changed to a new xm in car receiver

rsmith3400

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
I changed to a newer XM receiver after I originally bought TT. Does that disable TT because of the new radio ID?

Well, if you purchased something else and expected to use it with TimeTrax then you're out of luck. TimeTrax is tied to the receiver ID. If you are no longer using that original receiver registered with the software you've ended your life with TimeTrax.

I got an upgraded unit, but still own the XM Roady unit which I could use in a second car. If I reactivate the old unit and change my ID on xmoline back to the old radio, then I can resume recording from xm omline. What flips me out, is that the radio ID listed for me in TT has never been the actual ID of either receiver--or is that just a unique # somehow linked to the original unit ID?

You seem to be a bit confused about the software. TimeTrax can not now nor has ever been able to use the XM Roady as a recording device. It was limited to the XMDirect only. Any standalone player is not compatible with TimeTrax.

It sounds like you're using TimeTrax Recast Online to record. That has nothing at all to do with any Radio ID at all. That utilizes your XM Online account to record at a very low quality.

TimeTrax Recast uses an XMDirect box and antenna to connect directly to your computer and receive XM signals directly from satellite. There's no way to do that with a Roady. You've been recording streaming audio from the Internet on XM Online. In this case, changing receivers will not affect you in any way because you've never actually used a satellite receiver for recording.

On the downside, you'll never be able to record satellite radio from an XMDirect because you never had one nor ever had a legitimate radio ID to register it. Since TimeTrax is no more you'll only ever be able to record streaming audio.

I have been recording streaming audio from the Internet on XM Online. I'm still looking for reasons why I can't get up and running, so I though I have found a reason, but now I'm back to nothing. You can see my other posts. Normally when someone sells us something and then splits, the cops take them away. But in this case, it's all legal. Thanks for trying to fill in the void, but Ive tried uninstalling, cleaning, installing, re-registering. I'm just really bummed because I liked TT.

Going back to the basics, do you have any kind of firewall running that could be blocking the software from getting to XM?

When you select "Check for updates" from the software does it tell you there are no new updates?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts