Changes coming for RTV programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
Well RTV has announced "The Archies will land on RTV on 3/29! This will include Archie's Funhouse , US of Archie and Archie."
They did not mention any other changes, or what the new schedule will be.

Considering that starts the new quarter (well 2 days later) I expect some changes to RTV programming

Yay for old Saturday morning shows! I'm sure some of the old Saturday morning cartoons are tied up in legal limbo, or at least the top tier stuff is.

Still, I think it would be really fun for them to add some more to a programming block. Even some of the knockoff Scooby Doo shows from the 70s (and there were a ton) would be welcome.

I wish they would run Gunsmoke and/or Star Trek during the late, late night/early morning hours, like TVLand did before they sold the slots out to infomercials.

RTN/RTV isnt the network it was a few years ago. Programming was much better then. The Wild Wild West, Gomer Pyle, Mission Impossible, The Avengers, My Three Sons...heck I cant remember the others I watched. The lineup seems a bit bland these days.

Most of the programming was produced by Universal that RTV airs. I look forward to some changes. It keeps it interesting.

There isn't much retro about TVLand anymore. With shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Extreme Home Makeover" and increasing amounts of original programming, it's become just another channel choice for me to skip.

I think they had an agreement with CBS programming but lost those rights....due to no money ;)

I remember reading about that. About a year ago I got into FTA and started receiving RTV just as they had lost the CBS programming. Then several LPTV stations in my area started carrying RTV..Come to think about it, a year ago we also had all the Equity channels..*sigh*

Re:TV Land:
I dont mind them carrying some of the better "newer" sitcoms, but the reality and TV-Land produced stuff has to go..

Most of the programming was produced by Universal that RTV airs. I look forward to some changes. It keeps it interesting.

There isn't much retro about TVLand anymore. With shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Extreme Home Makeover" and increasing amounts of original programming, it's become just another channel choice for me to skip.

I like what RTV is doing. Tv Land back in the day was great, now it's going the same route as MTV. Seems all Viacom networks end up like that.

viacom sux!!
i imagine their meetings around a big table,
1 guy, the idea guy who comes up with good ideas, speaks up with a new idea,
hey , i got an idea for a new channel, there is a big market if we air ------- kind of programing.
we could get a large viewer base almost immediately!
the powers that be discuss this and it seems feasible
so it gets set into motion.
we get a new channel and love it!
the idea guy has worked hard at this and decides he needs a vacation.
the week he is gone, they have a meeting
guy 2, the idea ruiner, eager for the spotlight says, "hey guys, if we shift our programing on the new channel to reality tv and talk shows where we interview idiots we might gain more viewers.
everyone, eager for lunch says, "sure, why not?"
they go to lunch.
then idea guy returns from vacation, finds out what happened, shakes his head and grabs his bottle of vodka out of his bottom desk drawer, says man, life sux, spikes his coffee, and gets wasted for the next year or two.
one day, he sobers up, and they have a board meeting, and the cycle repeats itsself.

Archies Funhouse came out on dvd awhile back. . Got them all but they don't seem as good as I remembered them to be. Every year our staff goes to the FX show in Orlando and some guy is always selling bootlegged dvds with many shows that haven't made it to dvd. The Bionic Woman, The Wonder Years , stuff like that. The reason The Wonder Years hasn't made it to dvd is because of the fees they have to pay to keep the original music on . And I talked to Lindsey Wagner last year and she said that some legal issue is keeping that show off dvd. She still looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutely. I remember a time when it was Nickelodeon that had those older programs back in the mid to late '80's. Then TVLand was born, and those shows seem to transition away from Nickelodeon to TVLand. Now TVLand is Cosby, Fresh Prince, Rosanne etc. The type programs that are probably pretty inexpesive to have. Then I discovered FTA, found RTN, had it a few years and now...Oh well, I feel I've come full circle. ;)

TVLand was great back years ago. It's fun to go back and look at the very first month of the channel. When they first started they didn't even show commercials .They did retro commercials only.

Was hoping for some more changes. Sad to see McHale's Navy leave the lineup, but a lot of my favourites are still there. (and I probably have all the McHale's Navy episodes recored already by now... just have not wated then all yet) Really like The Virginian and glad to see its still there. Only would of liked them to have changed McMillian & Wife to one of the other mystery movies as they seem to play the same few episodes over and over..... or add new episodes to the playlist. Overall it's still a great lineup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts