Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Looks like some intestest changes are coming in june to the Nomad / Genie Go. It however does not look like you will be able to stream live TV via the Nomad / GenieGo.

GenieGo

DIRECTVGenieGo: Model Number: MDR1R0-01

Now you can watch your recorded shows anywhere. DIRECTV lets you download your favorites from your home DVR to all of your devices.*

WATCH ANYWHERE WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION WITH GENIEGO — Now you can watch your recorded programs on a plane, at the beach, on the subway or in the car. Plus, no more frustrating buffering or frozen screens from a poor connection.
TAKE YOUR PERSONAL DVR PLAYLIST WHEREVER YOU GO WITH GENIEGO — You’ll always have the latest shows and movies that you choose from your DVR with you, all at no extra charge.
WATCH ON UP TO 5 MOBILE DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH GENIEG — Now everyone in your family can enjoy their own recorded shows anytime, anywhere—all at the same time.
COMING IN JUNE 2013 FOR PC, iPad & iPhone: STREAM YOUR SHOWS FROM YOUR GENIE HD DVR WITH GENIEGO — No need to plan ahead, because you can stream your shows and watch them anywhere – no downloading required. So even if you forget to download, you can still watch your recorded shows when you’re away from home.

I'm assuming this will be a software update for current Nomads or will you need to purchase a newer version of it?
Thanks,
Greg

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes it will be a software update, no you will not need to purchase a newer version of it. (From what I am told.)

It's interesting that one show will be available on 5 different devices at once. I'm surprised content owners are ok with that.

It's interesting that one show will be available on 5 different devices at once. I'm surprised content owners are ok with that.

It won't. From the training we got its only available on 1 device at a time so unless you shut it off on a mobile device people at home can't view it

Edit: you can count the genie it's self as 1 and 3 clients as 3 more and 1 mobile device. But you can only stream 1 mobile device at a time. I seen how I wrote it and I confused myself so I hope this clears it up a little but :p

I am told there was no mention of Android support at Directv's revolution event two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Can a Genie Hop feature be far behind? :cool:

That would put some pressure on the networks if Directv would launch commercial skip too. Fox will have to file suit against Directv now, if they're going to continue fighting Dish over Sling.

Well, if the Nomad actually lives up to its potential and it gets streaming that works well (it hasn't for 2 years now) I may be able to part with my slingbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)