Changes coming to my local tv market...glad I have FTA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Looks like one of our local stations is dropping a weather sub channel for ME Tv this summer. Another channel that has had This Tv for a long time is changing to an african amercian network probably at years end. Our local LPTV station carries RTV, Universal Sports, Jewelry Tv,well it's up for sale since TWC won't add it to their line up. Anyone else seeing any shake up where you live? Makes me glad I can get these FTA...Blind

I get AntennaTV, ThisTV, and RTN OTA, however I'm very thankful for my FTA access to ThisTV and RTN. Digital OTA subchannels often have the picture quality of low-bandwidth web video! Our RTN, in particular, looks very bad. It is always better to get the signal from the source, if possible ;) ...

Looks like one of our local stations is dropping a weather sub channel for ME Tv this summer. Another channel that has had This Tv for a long time is changing to an african amercian network probably at years end. Our local LPTV station carries RTV, Universal Sports, Jewelry Tv,well it's up for sale since TWC won't add it to their line up. Anyone else seeing any shake up where you live? Makes me glad I can get these FTA...Blind

I checked the affiliate list....see WLWT 5-2 will carry Me TV August 2011, looking forward to finally watching that channel. Regarding "WKRP" I used to be able to pick them up with the antenna pointing at Cincinnati, but recently I can't pick them up...again. I too use FTA for RTV.

As sub channels here, we are offered This and RTV, and very hard to receive CoolTV (not to my taste anyway, so not worth the bother).

Ever since I gave that advice to Dee-Ann about pulling and pushing her dish to see if the signal improves, I did the same think to one of my 10 footers, and now get ALL the RTV on that bird, plus we now have MeTV and several MyFamily channels and TUFF channels..

Phottoette stays up much later than I and it seemed that the TV was always on THIS sub channel when I woke, but lately, since tweaking the dish I wake to find that MeTV is her station of choice, so yeah, I am very glad to have FTA. It adds to our pleasure both day and night.

Photto

In my market here is what we get.

2.1 WUND-DT1 UNC HD (PBS)
2.2 WUND-DT2 UNC KD (KIDS)
2.3 WUND-DT3 UNC EX (EXPLORER)

7.1 WITN-DT1 NBC HD
7.2 WITN-DT2 ME TV & MY NETWORK TV
7.3 WITN-DT3 LIVE DOPPLER RADAR

8.1 WFXI-DT FOX HD (SIMULCAST OF WYDO)

9.1 WNCT-DT1 CBS HD
9.2 WNCT-DT2 THE CW

12.1 WCTI- DT1 ABC HD
12.3 WCTI-DT3 THIS TV

14.1 WYDO-DT FOX HD (SIMULCAST OF WFXI)

19.1 WUNM-DT1 UNC HD
19.2 WUNM-DT2 UNC EX
19.3 WUNM-DT3 UNC KD

25.1 WUNK-DT1 UNC HD
25.2 WUNK-DT2 UNC KD
25.3 WUNK-DT3 UNC EX

35.1 WPXU-DT1 ION HD
35.2 WPXU-DT2 QUBO
35.3 WPXU-DT3 ION LIFE

38.1 WEPX-DT1 ION HD
38.2 WEPX-DT2 QUBO
38.3 WEPX-DT3 ION LIFE

This market has alot of simulcast.
WFXI and WYDO same channel
WUND, WUNM, WUNK same channel
WPXU and WEPX same channel

nope. same s***ty subchannels here (weather radar and reruns of newscasts)

I will say that Qubo is pretty fun -- late-night He-Man and She-Ra is a nice way to wind down on the weekend.

But other than that, it's ThisTV...and not much else. I wish we had one or two LP stations that picked up some of the odd subchannels out there. That seems to be how other markets get them.

(or I'd be happy if they all just showed up on Ku, like RTV and Tuff)

One of the new subs coming by early next year is Bounce TV. It supposed to be an African American Network coming to Raycom stations. Ok if it has Good Times and Sanford and Son I might watch...Blind

I'm lucky to be in between 2 markets so I get Antenna TV, RTV, This TV with good PQ so far from an OTA antenna. One market dropped RTV for Antenna back at the beginning of the year, but the other didn't so I still get RTV over the air, and it has better pq than the ku feed on AMC9 for me. Getting good quality on PBS, 3 channels of it OTA, but nobody carries CoolTV that I am aware of, don't even know what it is. One Birmingham station has a sub-channel running music videos but I think its only country music. No OTA weather radar, but with the tornado strikes we've had in the last several years, almost every network station switches to full-time weather coverage if it even gets cloudy now, so we are covered well.

I will say that Qubo is pretty fun -- late-night He-Man and She-Ra is a nice way to wind down on the weekend.
but those are the stock subchannels on Ion.

But other than that, it's ThisTV...and not much else. I wish we had one or two LP stations that picked up some of the odd subchannels out there. That seems to be how other markets get them.
I agree. The only low powered we got are religious

One of the new subs coming by early next year is Bounce TV. It supposed to be an African American Network coming to Raycom stations. Ok if it has Good Times and Sanford and Son I might watch...Blind

Looks like its geared to a younger audience so you probably won't see those shows. The possible movie selection seems quite interesting though as well as the sports programming.

http://www.bouncetv.com/pdf/pr040411.pdf

If it goes FTA on satellite I will check it out.

We have a small local market. Just picked up ME and THIS added from one of our local stations today. Dang! Just got the wife convinced we couldn't get good stuff like that without a CBand dish LOL.

considering METoo isnt on satellite anywhere and only available in Chicago I would think it was Me and This TV

What station is carrying it for you?

That will be color bars for a long time. We've had a few threads on it. That color bars is mainly used for Weigel to uplink "First Business" which is a program they have.
MeToo wont be on satellite due to syndication rights

I'll have to check my sources again. I scanned in two new stations, ME and colorbars.I guess I'll call KECI Tuesday if I can't find out for sure.

Thanks for finding that. Looks like a different time slot for ME. Not showing the same as on AMC 3. Bonus!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)