Changes for 2011????

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Are there mandatory changes for 2011? I've rescanned my receivers/TVs and come upt with 12-14 new broadcaster/subchannels. I was wondering if they had to be on the air by midnight 12/31/2010 or something.:)

nothing that I have seen. Low powered stations have until 2012 to upgrade

In September 2010, the FCC announced a proposal to set a hard deadline of 2012 for low power stations to broadcast in digital.

What stations did you get that you didnt have before? Sadly here in Minneapolis I have the same stations

Expected was 33-2 Antenna TV 33-3 was unexpected THIS TV disappeared from 8-3 and reappered on 33-3. 18-1to4, 25-1, 26 1to4 and I think 38 & 55 were also active. I don't think it is skip coming in they have been too consistent high to mid 60's for the most part. I think I remember one of the TV's showed 61 services.

Last edited:
checking wiki I dont even see a 18
25 wiki says they upgraded to digital in December (home shopping network)
The rest have been digital for a while now

18.1 is KPFW actual channel 29, using the call letters I did find them on Wikipedia. 55 is KAZD & KLDT I found them also on Wiki their history is interesting and the 2 call signs was interesting I guess due to the date they were using both. It is looking like my new channels were improvements in broadcast signals and maybe a little atmospheric conditions. 18 has dropped to the 50's rest are still in 60's except 55 is up in the 80's.

Signal strength varies greatly from time to time

Seriously considering OTA only - Any flaws in my plan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)