Changes to slot 91 in progress (or complete)?

rossb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Pembroke Pines, FL
All:

Any other deep-south subs out there noticing changes in Standard Definition transponder reception from Nimiq 1/4ir?

As an SD-only Bell user, I've been immune (so I thought) to the changes going on as a result of the new HD bird commissioned at slot 82.

However, unless I'm mistaken (i.e. something else going on), as a result of the new satellite at 82, Bell has decommissioned the former DTV bird that was sharing broadcasting duties with the original Nimiq 1 and has moved [old] Nimiq 2 over to 91 slot. (I can understand why they would prefer to use their own satellites versus paying rental...)

Reason for saying this is that due to a quirk in the old DTV's signal footprint, we would get those 8 transponders (4,8,10,12,18,22,24,26) at or near 100%. Since overnight of November 2nd/3rd, we have been steadily losing a transponder or two per day. Came back after a trip to find our effective reception of all transponders (after BEV's reshuffle) cut by over 50%. A quick survey of useful transponders shows we're down to 12... Ouch.

From idly pondering a jump to SC, looks like we may be getting pushed...
:mad:

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^

One big bonus is that you do not have to talk to anyone from India when you call them for assistance :)

Oh this is the first I've heard of anyone in the 'deep south' having worse on 91 since the otehr day. Where are you rossb? we're in the SF area and we got all our xpdrs back for the first time in years. Like you we dont have HD so we're happy about getting all our SD channels back. I didn't know that some parts of 'southern Canada' had lost xpdrs on 91. you were talking about the xpdrs at 91 right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)