Changing Address to Pitts for Locals

navigates

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Los Angeles
Hi all, Since I don't have the LOS for my location and am pointed successfully to 61.5. What is the possibility to change my address to Pittsburg. My payment is on auto pay and I will be able to bring in the Locals as they are on ConUS. I don't know any one in Pitts at this point as well.

Call and "move" to a Pittsburgh address. Pick a real place like a movie theater ,and add an apartment number to it. You can even do it online chat and say you moved to the new address. They change your service address to the new one , but make sure your billing stays at your real address. It is called "moving" and many do it ,including me. As long as your within the spotbeam for your new locals , you should get them. If they are conus then you'll get them either way.

I've done this. and it works good. I have one issue though. For the pitts locals EPG shows up for only 2 hours. For the remaining hours its 'No Info Available'. For the remaining channels its fine for upto 7 days.

I have 61.5, 72.7 and 118

You can force a guide download by running a check switch and let the guide download . Unless you have a 922 , then it loads the guide when it is turned off.

Menu, 6, 1, 1 , run check switch.

I've done this. and it works good. I have one issue though. For the pitts locals EPG shows up for only 2 hours. For the remaining hours its 'No Info Available'. For the remaining channels its fine for upto 7 days.

I have 61.5, 72.7 and 118
Not for me. I get the entire 9-day guide. Do you have a full EA (61.5/72.7/77) setup?

Not for me. I get the entire 9-day guide. Do you have a full EA (61.5/72.7/77) setup?

I have the 922. I don't have the full EA setup. I have 61.5, 72.7. 77 is missing due to no LOS
I have the 118 as well.

I get the guide for all channels except the locals. The only thing I can think of is that the epg for locals comes from 77.

Since the Pittsburgh CONUS locals used to reside on 77, and were recently moved to 61.5, perhaps they never moved the epg from 77 to 61.5

The Guide Populated. I just checked the receiver and its all there. I guess it had to be switched off for some time for it to populate. Now I just hope they don't move them to a Spotbeam. Thanks all Really. You all are very helpful. !!!!!

The Guide Populated. I just checked the receiver and its all there. I guess it had to be switched off for some time for it to populate. Now I just hope they don't move them to a Spotbeam. Thanks all Really. You all are very helpful. !!!!!
Welcome to the Burgh. :)

The only question I have with this idea is what happens if there is a future "card swap"? Will Dish send the new card to the service address or the billing address? Also, if someone at the fictitious address receives mail, they may call Dish and report it. When you change the service address, does Dish require a phone number? Seems a bit risky.

The only question I have with this idea is what happens if there is a future "card swap"? Will Dish send the new card to the service address or the billing address? Also, if someone at the fictitious address receives mail, they may call Dish and report it. When you change the service address, does Dish require a phone number? Seems a bit risky.

I have the 922. If in future there is a card swap. We'll see how that goes. At that point I'll call dish and tell them to mail the cards to my billing address. Lets visit that issue when it happens. I have a paperless billing so technically except offers for free movies, nothing else should go there.

My view point is, why does dish separate the two arcs. The EA signal comes in just fine on the west coast. So if people can get the EA dish, then dishnetwork should permit those dishes legally. Why should a person have to go through so many steps to get his programming. I had to go with the EA dish as I couldn't get 129.

Dish does require a phone number for the account. I've been using my Cell phone which is in Houston. My receiver is connected my LAN hard wired which has an IP of CA.

Hi navigates - just to be clear, are you saying that they require 2 numbers? One each for billing and service addresses?
When you say your LAN is connected from CA, do you mean California or the great white north.
Instead of a cellphone number I guess you could use a "Magicjack" number.

Hi navigates - just to be clear, are you saying that they require 2 numbers? One each for billing and service addresses?
When you say your LAN is connected from CA, do you mean California or the great white north.
Instead of a cellphone number I guess you could use a "Magicjack" number.

Dish does not require a phone at least these days.
Billing is California, Service is Pitts
Internet is connected to my Vip922 which is in California.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)