changing channels while in guide

obba

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Is there a button or a way to change channels while I'm in the guide?

Now I press on guide to get the guide up, with small video top right.
I browse the list of channels, and if i want to check one out, i go to it, press ok. Guide disappears. I decide I don't want to watch that one, so i have to press guide again, and so on.

I'd like to press a button, and have it change the channel up in the upper right. Any button on the remote I'm missing? Can you change some setting?

Thanks

//o

The 721 and 921 would let you move over to the channel number on the left and hit ok to change channels, but stay in the GUIDE. You can't on the other receivers.

You can hit BROWSE(Right Arrow Button) in VIEW(AV) Mode and it brings up the BROWSE Banner. You can choose a show in the BROWSE Banner and still stay in the BROWSE Banner.

The 721 and 921 would let you move over to the channel number on the left and hit ok to change channels, but stay in the GUIDE. You can't on the other receivers.

You can hit BROWSE(Right Arrow Button) in VIEW(AV) Mode and it brings up the BROWSE Banner. You can choose a show in the BROWSE Banner and still stay in the BROWSE Banner.

Yea, i got a 211, so I guess im sol. :(

Sounds like an interesting feature, but honistly, when I'm in the guide and I find something I like, I hit the Select, and I would want to go to that channel and out of the guide. Isn't this the desired effect?

I really miss being able to use the FWD button while in the guide or searching for something else when watching a DVR event. I used that all the time on my 921.

An alternative to this is to watch full screen and look through the guide by using the "browse" button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts