Changing channels with the new HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattsarz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Willoughby, OH
When you type in the channel number for one of the new HD channels, is it going to the SD version of the channel instead? For me to turn to CNN HD, I type in 202 and it takes me to the SD channel, then have to channel up to get to the HD version.

I don't have the Cutting Edge version that has the ability to hide SD duplicates.

Mine also go to SD version and then I have to go up a channel. Is this true for everyone? I have both the H20-100 and H20-600 and I have reset them also.

If you'reusing favorites filters you need to go in and reset then for the HD channel numbers.

If you'reusing favorites filters you need to go in and reset then for the HD channel numbers.

I've done that, or at least turned off the SD channel mappings in my list and turned on the HD channel mappings.

If I scroll up and down the guide, yes, the only channels that I have for the particular ones is the new MPEG-4 HD.

Mine go to SD automatically. This is not what DirecTV was aiming for -- so I think it'll wind up be corrected after awhile.

I've personally customized the channels.

Many have posted on a couple of forums that the H20 is not going to the HD first, as the HR20 is.

I am at work and can't try it on my boxes. At least you guys are able to see the channels! I'll have to wait till 6PM.

That has happened with YES on 622 for some time now and it has never been corrected. If I hit the blu button to pull up the lower channel bar, then dial in the number I go directly to that channel. If I just enter in the number it will go to SD even though I removed the SD channel from the favorites menu. I'm surprised this hasn't been corrected yet. Disappointing and annoying.

I'm having the same problem with my H20

Maybe this is my problem. I never scrolled up and down after I was on the channel. I punched in 220 for the Big Ten Network and it always came up in SD. I never went up or down the channels using the + or - keys. Hmmm, things are starting to fall into place. Blood pressure getting back to normal :up

I'm having the same problem with my H20

Maybe it's an H20 thing? My HR20 went to the SD channel first thing this morning when I tuned 202 (I thought the launch was delayed again - minor heart attack!), but then I changed my favorites (removed the SD version and added HD), and now it works fine - tunes to the HD...

glad I looked here - same thing happens with NESN HD - starts you out at the SD channel. I'll have to rework the favorites when I get home. what is the button to see all channels?

In one of the Cutting Edge upgrades for the H20, an option was added in the Display Settings to "Hide SD Duplicates" I'm not sure if this was shipped out in any national release. But you can find it by going to settings, display, and going to the very bottom of the list.

In one of the Cutting Edge upgrades for the H20, an option was added in the Display Settings to "Hide SD Duplicates" I'm not sure if this was shipped out in any national release. But you can find it by going to settings, display, and going to the very bottom of the list.

I don't think this is available (outside of CE) yet. I don't see it on my box... will be nice when it does come, though.

my hr20 also tunes to the HD channel first. I haven't setup a channel list yet so I think it's time to remove the SD version of the HD channels that just launched so there would be no problems for me.

I bet we will be getting a software update soon to smooth out the HD/SD channel changing issues.

Maybe a fix to smooth out the flash and flicker with going from HD/SD mpeg2 to HD mpeg4.

Matt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)