Changing cities/Staying with inlaws 2 mo's/2 accounts one house??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ok, so here is the situation:

ViP 722k, classic gold 250

Starting around Dec 15th, we will be with my in laws, waiting on a Feb 1 house, for 1.5 months. My inlaws have Dish network, and a line running into the bedroom I'll be staying in.

When we get there, can I just hook my ViP 722k up for the month and a half in the bedroom, and continue my service there. It won't be hooked to a phone or the net, so I figure they would not know. This may not be "legal", I dunno, but they won't let you pause a account under contract (which is crappy) and I'll be paying for it anyways.

Would this work? I assume the box would not know where it is? I'm thinking this plan, then when we get into our house, ll call Dish mover.

that should be fine, they may charge you the extra 5 buck a month extra tuner fee. do you only have one receiver?

are any of their receivers VIP ones? dishcomm may use the power line to call in the location

Yeah, I was figuring they would charge me the $5. I'll have it on a UPS, so it will not be calling home.

I don't see why they would care, they will still get their $85/mo

Just thought about something. How would I change my zip code so that the rcvr gets the proper locals? Is that account related, or a rcvr setting?

I would hook it up to the phone line or ethernet too, Dish isn't going to care about 2 accounts in the same home. It's double money to them. Just the opposite of account stacking.

Maybe that is what I'm mistaking. So is account stacking two people on one account? I was thinking it was two accounts in one house?

Maybe that is what I'm mistaking. So is account stacking two people on one account? I was thinking it was two accounts in one house?

Correct. Account stacking is getting a second receiver on your account setting it up at your buddy's house. You are doing just the opposite, having 2 full accounts in the same home is perfectly fine, it is double the money for them.

Probably not necessary unless they get a match when they key in your "new" address. If they see service already there, it might, ummm, confuse someone...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts