Changing from 2 receivers to 3

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2004
What if any hardware would have to be changed/added to go from 2 receivers to 3? I am considering getting a second 811 for a future front projector if the bugs get worked out. I currently have an 811 and basic model(301 I think). Thanks.

stratguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Nashville
Jim we would need to know what equipment you have such as what dish and what lnb and even what switches you might have. Bob

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
JimMcC said:
What if any hardware would have to be changed/added to go from 2 receivers to 3? I am considering getting a second 811 for a future front projector if the bugs get worked out. I currently have an 811 and basic model(301 I think). Thanks.

That's some change of heart... it wasn't too long ago that you were asking how to get out of your contract to get rid of your 811. :)

Just ribbin' ya Jim, glad you are happier with the 811 now than you were when you first got it.

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2004
Snathanb

You have a good memory. The 266 upgrade helped my 811 a lot. Before that upgrade, I sent an E-mail to "CEO at Dish Network" on a Friday to see if I could get out of my 1 year commitment, and a man from Executive office named Paul Gifford called me back 2 days later on Sunday(I was shocked). He told me there were 3 software upgrades left(P266, P268 &P269 in June). He said if the 3 upgrades don't fix the 811 problems I should call him back & we'll "talk about my 1 year commitment". I'm hoping for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)