Changing from Direct Tv to Dish

gr8chef

Original poster
May 28, 2005
I am currently in the process of looking at switching from Direct TV to Dish. My main concerns are:
1. the channel selection?
2. I have HDTV box right now with an off air antenna that picks up the local channels in high definition. Does the Dish HD box do the same? Will the installers hook it up for me if it does?
3.Do I need more than one dish? (for Voom Channels or local channels)

If there is anyone that can help me with this it would be great! Also any other info would help.

gr8chef said:
I am currently in the process of looking at switching from Direct TV to Dish. My main concerns are:
1. the channel selection?
2. I have HDTV box right now with an off air antenna that picks up the local channels in high definition. Does the Dish HD box do the same? Will the installers hook it up for me if it does?
3.Do I need more than one dish? (for Voom Channels or local channels)

If there is anyone that can help me with this it would be great! Also any other info would help.

1. The channel selection? That's not a question so I don't know what you want to know.
2. Yes. Yes.
3. Yes. The voom channels are on 61.5 and the main channels are on 110/119. You will have a DISH500 for 110/119 and a DISH300 for 61.5. If your local channels are on 105 or 121, you will have a SuperDISH (instead of the DISH500) for 1xx/110/119. If your local channels are on 148, you will have three dishes: a DISH500 and two DISH300s. If you give us your city, we will know where your locals come from.

chaddux said:
1. The channel selection? That's not a question so I don't know what you want to know.
2. Yes. Yes.
3. Yes. The voom channels are on 61.5 and the main channels are on 110/119. You will have a DISH500 for 110/119 and a DISH300 for 61.5. If your local channels are on 105 or 121, you will have a SuperDISH (instead of the DISH500) for 1xx/110/119. If your local channels are on 148, you will have three dishes: a DISH500 and two DISH300s. If you give us your city, we will know where your locals come from.

I live in Orlando, Fl

gr8chef said:
I live in Orlando, Fl

If I am not mistaken, some of Orlando's less watched local channels are on 61.5. You will get a Dish500 for core channels and the more popular local channels and a Dish300 for 61.5 at no additional charge (if you sub to locals) for the less popular locals, which means you will be set for the Voom channels.

less popular channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts