Changing out a haed drive in a hd dve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Im thinking about buyng a brand new hr 21Pro receiver is it possible to change out the hard drive if it ever crashes i was wondering cause if i pay $279.00 for it and own it i want to be able to change out the hard drive myself thanks for any help.

You could always use an External as well, probably much easier.
Pretty much plug and play ...
Needs to be ESATA ...

Also, Solid Signal has them for $ 250

Hello Johnny58259,

Yes you can replace the internal hard drive of an owned DTV HD DVR. This url (below) will assist you in replacing the hard drive. Simple rule of thumb. If you own the unit you can do what you want with it but if you lease it you should not do anything to change it except that which is permitted. Example using an external eSATA hard drive to upgrade recording space. I lease a DVR and I use an external SATA (eSATA) enclosure to upgrade the capacity of the hard drive. The present way is either the internal or external hard drive works but not both at the same time. Many people want DTV to upgrade the DVR's to give it the ability to use both the internal and external hard drives at the same time. This may or may not happen in the future.
Removing / Replacing / Copying Hard Drive of HR2* Receiver [Photo Tutorial] - DBSTalk.Com

I am going to replace the 500 gb drive in the HR21-Pro I have on order, with a 1.5TB WD A/V hard drive. Looks like it should be fairly straight forward.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)