Status
Please reply by conversation.

mysticseer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
USA
Hello Everyone

I just had a quick question for you. I recently setup my new directv service and got the 1 year promotion pricing with my 2 year contract.

After my 3 months of free HBO I plan on switching my package from Ultimate to Premier.

My question is if I switch this online will I still keep my promo pricing? I see the pricing on the self manage site shows the full price. I figure it's because the promotions are added to your bill.

I just didn't want to loose that amazing deal but also wanted to avoid the frustrations of calling them if I can at all avoid it.

Thank you in advance.

You keep your discount as long as you keep a qualified package (which generally is select or above, though some previous promotions required Choice or above). You should be fine :)

Reactions: edisonprime
I also believe you would keep them particularly seeing your not downgrading ....
However, if it were me, I'd call in to make the change, just to make sure ....

You could also do it thru Chat which often times is much quicker than calling.

Reactions: edisonprime
Hello Everyone
. . .

I just didn't want to loose that amazing deal but also wanted to avoid the frustrations of calling them if I can at all avoid it.

Thank you in advance.

Log in to their site and do a live chat. AT&T-Directv has the best LiveChat reps or "agents" I've encountered. They can make necessary changes right then and there and you can verify them. Waiting time is usually 1-2 minutes. Very well-trained, knowledgeable agents at the AT&T-Directtv landing page for your account.

Best? You can choose to Mail the full conversation to yourself (and I print to PDF to get better formatted versions too), and later on if there is a question about a prior discussion, they allow you to upload the text version (emailed) into your chat, and even better they have your prior chats on record too and can double check the information. Much better than phoning in and having no records of your conversation, and the chat-agents have access to your acct to make changes immediately. They've resolved a lot of things for me, since the merging of AT&T with Directv has been anything but smooth for some of us newbies (I joined in early May).

Reactions: Jimbo
Log in to their site and do a live chat. AT&T-Directv has the best LiveChat reps or "agents" I've encountered. They can make necessary changes right then and there and you can verify them. Waiting time is usually 1-2 minutes. Very well-trained, knowledgeable agents at the AT&T-Directtv landing page for your account.

Best? You can choose to Mail the full conversation to yourself (and I print to PDF to get better formatted versions too), and later on if there is a question about a prior discussion, they allow you to upload the text version (emailed) into your chat, and even better they have your prior chats on record too and can double check the information. Much better than phoning in and having no records of your conversation, and the chat-agents have access to your acct to make changes immediately. They've resolved a lot of things for me, since the merging of AT&T with Directv has been anything but smooth for some of us newbies (I joined in early May).
:welcome to the site !
Look around, stay awhile !!!!

Hello Everyone

I just had a quick question for you. I recently setup my new directv service and got the 1 year promotion pricing with my 2 year contract.

After my 3 months of free HBO I plan on switching my package from Ultimate to Premier.

My question is if I switch this online will I still keep my promo pricing? I see the pricing on the self manage site shows the full price. I figure it's because the promotions are added to your bill.

Thank you in advance.

It totally depends on the terms and conditions at the time. I have gotten screwed earlier by downgrading from Choice to Select and lost discounts as a result. Not sure if they are still doing that. I would call to confirm. If you do the chat, be sure to keep the transcript in case they do differently than they say they will.

It totally depends on the terms and conditions at the time. I have gotten screwed earlier by downgrading from Choice to Select and lost discounts as a result. Not sure if they are still doing that. I would call to confirm. If you do the chat, be sure to keep the transcript in case they do differently than they say they will.
Difference here is he's Upgrading, vs downgrading.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)