Changing Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

samvonac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
I am planning on returning 3 of the standard receivers and getting the R15/16 to replace them since none of the 3 TVs will ever be on at the same time. Would it be better to do this all through DirecTV and have them send me the new receiver and thusly I would send them back the old receivers? Or should I just go to Best Buy to pick up the R15/16? I can handle setting up the new receiver. Would D* send out an installer and would I get charged for it?

What course of action would you recommend?

I am planning on returning 3 of the standard receivers and getting the R15/16 to replace them since none of the 3 TVs will ever be on at the same time. Would it be better to do this all through DirecTV and have them send me the new receiver and thusly I would send them back the old receivers? Or should I just go to Best Buy to pick up the R15/16? I can handle setting up the new receiver. Would D* send out an installer and would I get charged for it?

What course of action would you recommend?

I contacted DirecTV.They came out and installed another line because the R15
is a Dual Tuner DVR and you need 2 coax lines ran for 2 tuners.There is also a 24 month commitment.;)

I contacted DirecTV.They came out and installed another line because the R15
is a Dual Tuner DVR and you need 2 coax lines ran for 2 tuners.There is also a 24 month commitment.;)

I was planning on running the line from one of the rooms that I'm removing a receiver from to the room with the R15/16 myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)