Changing Receivers

Jobet

Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Can a 322 receiver be replaced with a 222k without altering or replacing the present Dish 500 twin DPP LNB? There is also a 301 receiver feeding off that same Dish; will that be affected? I am located in Central PA. (in the "Eastern Arc" and would like to avoid having to have two antennas. Any and all advice is appreceated.

222K will work off the dish 500 but will have virtually no HD off 110 & 119, 301 will still work. You need to go to EA if you want HD and that will require a new dish and replacement of the 301.

Thanks bobba for the rapid reply. What HD siingle non-dvr is suggested for replacing the 301 and what antenna would be required as well? I presently have the 301 on a non-hdtv (older magnavox) so will this would not afford the HD picture gain..meaning replacing the old tv (is that right?) Do not like to ask what may be basic..but am limited in my knowledge..thanks for bearing with me.

Legacy receivers such as the 301 are being replaced with 211k's. although they are HD receivers, they can be SD only if that is what you desire.

311's are a alternative, but 211k's kind of future proof customers if they decide to go HD and they will work on both arc's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)