Changing TV1/TV2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zynx

Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Hi there!
I recently got Dish Network, but have run into a problem. I know next to nothing about these things so I apologize ahead of time.

Basically, we have 2 satellites and two TVs. I recently bought a projector and put it in another room, and decided to forget about satellite service for TV2 so I moved the receiver box for that to the projector, and had them drop a cable in that room. So I hooked up TV2's receiver there, but it never acquires signal. Then we tried switching out the receiver's in the two rooms, and had no luck with that as well, with both giving no signal or attempting to download a program guide that never downloads.

Any suggestions to get this working? They said they would come out at fix it but at the cost of $100 so I was hoping it was something I could take care of myself.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

You sound like a new customer to DISH. You should have DHPP on your account. Call DISH 800-333-3474 and a service call under DHPP is $29.99.

You sound like a new customer to DISH. You should have DHPP on your account. Call DISH 800-333-3474 and a service call under DHPP is $29.99.

yeah but......this isnt and should not be a DHPP service call. The customer is changing things around, not Dishs or the techs fault. Its now a "Service Install" meaning the customer wants something "special" done. Thats $100 in my book. Our installer see only $20 of that.

You need to check the cable to the projector room. It sounds like it is not connected on the Dish end.

Do you have a Dish 1000.2? If so it has 3 outputs and you should have 3 cables connected to it, one of them going to the projector room.

If everything is connected and it is still not working, try swapping the cables around that connect at the dish, oue output from the dish may be faulty.

It would help if you listed why type of dish system you have and which type of receivers you have, ie 625 dvr, 722 hd dvr, 322 dual tuners or single tuners like 311,301,211 . Most likely if you do have a dual tuner your technician probably used what are called diplexers that allow the use of a single line out to your receiver box. The standard Dish 500 system has 2 sat outputs that utilized the dishpro hardware that allow up to 2 dual tuners that can operate 4 tvs' for 4 separate channels. The main line IN goes to each satellite receiver assuming you have 2 boxes. If you move the receiver box from one location to another you most likely are not getting the sat signal because that line is not hooked up to the dish itself. If you have all the line coming into your house in 1 location it makes it an easy fix but if you have lines running all over the place in different locations it makes it harder to fix. Please elaborate a bit more on your system and I can help you fix it.

JOE-certified dish network installer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts