Changing Zip Code in Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjahr1

Original poster
May 8, 2008
Hi, I'm new to this form and I'm an RV travler. I have heard that if I can change the zip code in the satalite box when I'm in a different city I would be able to view local channels. If this is true how would i do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks John
(Email Address Removed, please PM)

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, DirecTV does allow for a RV waiver so you can get the NYC or LA major networks while you're travelling. I'd call D* and ask them about this to see what the procecss is to get approval for this.

The Zipcode in the Receiver only shows you where to point the dish. Many times as an installer I have used 11111 to save time finding the zip in an area I am not familiar with if its not readily available (left Work order in the truck, customer not near)

Hi, I'm new to this form and I'm an RV travler. I have heard that if I can change the zip code in the satalite box when I'm in a different city I would be able to view local channels. If this is true how would i do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks John

You might want to edit out your email address in the post and simply ask for PMs to be sent to you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts