Channel 151 Multiview News now Basketball - How to get news back?

MaryKay2

Original poster
Mar 6, 2021
Mesa, az
I have Dish Anywhere with a Wally receiver.

Recently, about 3 days ago the programming on channel 151 multi view was Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Fox Business, CNBC, Bloomberg. Now it is basketball as is the other multi view channels 207, 100. I got the audio and video from CNN and the only the audio from the others.

I don't subscribe to the news package. I've got the news for a long time.

I tried Dish Chat and Dish phone customer service. No help at all

Please help. I'm at the point of canceling the service.

Is there any way to get back the news on 151? (I don't want to buy a news package. I'm at the point of dropping Dish and just going with my data plan for news.)

Will Dish bring back the news on 151 after the basketball is over?

151 used to be the College Sports Multi-View, before the pandemic started, which cancelled most college sports for awhile. That is when they switched it to the Dish Headlines news format. I was wondering when something like this was going to happen. I always figured that the sports Multi-View would return eventually, once enough sports returned.

Since you only had both video and audio from CNN before, you could get more of the listed news channels full-time (without adding a news pack) by downgrading to Welcome Pack. That would get you MSNBC and Bloomberg. (It also includes C-SPAN, which was also regularly featured on the Dish Headlines channels 151 and 207.) However, you would lose CNN by switching to Welcome Pack.

Thank you all for the replies. I canceled Dish and am now going with SlingTV. Sling is $35/mo. and I was paying $48.05 for Dish so I'm saving some money.

Latest uplink:
Channels Renamed
151 HDLNS renamed COLLG College Sports Multi-View (110° TP 7 ITV XiP Preview)
151 HDLNS renamed COLLG College Sports Multi-View (72.7° TP 16 ITV XiP Preview)

Local Channel Info Added
151 COLLG
151 COLLG

Uplinks Removed
207 HDLNS removed from 110° TP 7 (ITV XiP Preview)
207 HDLNS removed from 72.7° TP 16 (ITV XiP Preview)

Channel 151 renamed, channel 207 removed. It looks like Dish Headlines is dead. :tombstone :( :oldfrown

Latest uplink:
Channels Renamed
151 HDLNS renamed COLLG College Sports Multi-View (110° TP 7 ITV XiP Preview)
151 HDLNS renamed COLLG College Sports Multi-View (72.7° TP 16 ITV XiP Preview)

Local Channel Info Added
151 COLLG
151 COLLG

Uplinks Removed
207 HDLNS removed from 110° TP 7 (ITV XiP Preview)
207 HDLNS removed from 72.7° TP 16 (ITV XiP Preview)

Channel 151 renamed, channel 207 removed. It looks like Dish Headlines is dead. :tombstone :( :oldfrown
I don't think it is dead. I think they are going to use this for the tournament. I mean what are they going to do when the season ends?

I don't think it is dead. I think they are going to use this for the tournament. I mean what are they going to do when the season ends?
The removal of channel 207 is what makes me think Dish Headlines is dead. If Dish were planning to restore the Headlines format after the basketball tournament is over, then they could have simply renamed the channel and left it at both channel numbers, like it has been for the past year now. Before the pandemic, the College Sports Multi-View was a year-round channel, not just for special events. Similarly, the Dish Headlines format has been a year-round channel ever since then, until it was removed. So, why can't we have both? Dish could add an additional version of the Mosaic app and put it on channel 207, while leaving the College Sports Multi-View on channel 151 if they wanted to. Dish must have known in advance that they would be covering the tournament and converting channel 151 to the College Sports Multi-View. So, if they were planning to continue offering Dish Headlines, why would they not have that additional Mosaic ready ahead of time, to put on channel 207 in place of the existing one (formerly simulcast on both 151 and 207)? The fact that they did not bother to do that tells me that they have no plans to bring it back. If they are just shifting the format temporarily for just this one event, then why should news viewers (who may or may not care about basketball) be inconvenienced just because there is a "special" event going on? What other "special" events will cause the news to be preempted going forward? I would rather see the news format get its own full-time channel, instead of seeing the format keep getting flip-flopped seemingly at random with no advance notice.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)