Channel 418 and 429 Error message 005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
I can not watch channels 418 or 429 in HD. i keep getting the 005 error Your smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase.

I can not watch channels 418 or 429 in HD. i keep getting the 005 error Your smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase.

Buzzdar,

You do not indicate where you live. If you subscribe to the Multisports package and are seeing all of the RSN HD Feeds, be aware they are subject to blackout. Any HD Games on the RSN channels are only available to subscribers within those Channels DMA's (Designated Market Area).

If you do indeed live within those Channels DMA's then you will have to get Dish to re-hit your receiver with an authorization Signal. You could also try a Reboot.

Lastly you must have a MPEG4 receiver to view these channels, as well as have a Dish 1000 or a separate Dish for 129, but since you didn't mention any details I can't properly answer your question, except for guessing what your issue is.

John

I am sorry i live in southern illinois and i have a 1000.2 dish and 622 receiver.

Response from dish. Last line is interesting

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
You have been connected to (04EP) Matthew L.
(04EP) Matthew L: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04EP) Matthew L: I apologize, but the HD feed of this game is not available. The problem is not on your end. Be advised that tomorrow and Saturday's games will be available in HD.
(04EP) Matthew L: Sorry for the inconvenience.
(04EP) Matthew L: Is there anything else I can do for you?
(04EP) Matthew L: Are you there?
Me: my team does not play on Comcast sports net tomorrow or saturday
(04EP) Matthew L: I was referring to the White Sox games.
Me: Me too
(04EP) Matthew L: Would you like the stations for those games?
Me I want to know why they are not in HD on Comcast Sports Net?
(04EP) Matthew L: The next two days games are not on Comcast SportsNet, as they will be broadcast on other stations.
Me: I know this. my questions is why are they not showing the HD feed on Comcast Sports net? And tomorrows game I cannot view in HD anyway because dish does not brodcast WGN in HD
(04EP) Matthew L: I don't have the information regarding why the HD feed is not available for today's game, I can only tell you that it is not available.
(04EP) Matthew L: I have tomorrow's game listed in HD on channel 5085

The 005 Error message is a problem that the engineers are trying to resolve as I post. This comes straight from Tech Support. No bs about the HD feed not being broadcast. It's supposed to be available, but its not, due to a problem on Dish's end. Thats why the sd versions of these games are not blacked out. The HD versions are supposed to be up too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)