Channel 434 (NESN) - Removed from America's Top 250

You are right, but it is almost beyond ignorance. Doesn't anyone there think it strange NESN is all of a sudden not considered to be in the regular packages? That all the RSN's are now separate with no notice? And that prices are $5 off? Stupid people....... I could understand if they said, ya, something looks wrong we will get on it right away... but to just say it's not part of the package is, just, well, DISH......

By the way it would be HUGE news if they were able to pull off having RSN's separate...... And also by the way, even if they are now considered separate, you are not paying $5 less......

That is an interesting thought - it makes a lot of sense. I took it one step further - if I try to change my programming by clicking the "update" button, if picks up the $64.99 price. Then when I click submit, it does ask me to confirm if I want to make the change. And it does differentiate between two different Top 250 packages, one being $69.99 on my "current programming" and one being $64.99 on my "new programming". Usually if you try and update while keeping the same package, you get an error message. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• Pricing2.jpg
    Pricing2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 179
I was afraid to do that and make a change I didn't want to! LOl.... Ya, something is up, either a real change with no advance notice or even a leak it was coming, or a mistake, or it is coming but wasn't supposed to yet....

I was afraid to do that and make a change I didn't want to! LOl.... Ya, something is up, either a real change with no advance notice or even a leak it was coming, or a mistake, or it is coming but wasn't supposed to yet....

Yeah, I definitely am not going to confirm a change - I don't want anything messed up!

If you can get NESN in the sports package, can you see Sox games or are they blacked out?
I went from Dish America $34.99 to America's Top 120+ $49.99 just catch Sox
games a $15.00 jump.Are you guys saying I can stay at 34.99 add the sports package which has other RSN'S and MLB TV for 9.00 and save $6.00?

We are saying we don't know what's going on! My advice - Don't do anything until the whole story is known......

FWIW I still have MASN on 434 and I have never subscribed to the multi sports pack.

thansk everyone for the replies. I have a quick update.
I received PMs from the DIRT member here, and she said she did find something odd in my account. She confirmed that something was off and that I should be getting this channel as part of the regular package with my locals. I havent received any other updates and the channel is still not showing up for me.
I am asking for more information on it.

So as of right now it appears that a combination of lack of common sense, with a possible software error, and an odd setting on my account. At this time I think we can count on RSNs and other regional channels are still included with every AT120 or higher package (as specified on the dish website) with no need for the multisport.

To the poster above, I dont think NESN is included in the multisport package, so no, dont make a change.

Fullboat said:
If you can get NESN in the sports package, can you see Sox games or are they blacked out?
I went from Dish America $34.99 to America's Top 120+ $49.99 just catch Sox
games a $15.00 jump.Are you guys saying I can stay at 34.99 add the sports package which has other RSN'S and MLB TV for 9.00 and save $6.00?

You can't add Multi-Sport to Dish America because it is not considered "qualifying". This seems like a little more than coincidence and Tampa's theory would make sense considering Dish's stance on sports. Hopefully if we are seeing the emergence of $5 for RSNs we will also see the "qualifying" thing lifted a bit. I have had several people talked into DISH but they wanted Family or Welcome. Not getting to watch the Braves on the RSN was the deal breaker, though.

And another update:

I have been working with LouF here. He has been great, and I should have come here first instead of dealing with the chat support. What a difference.
LouF actually went in and looked around, did a little research and found the issue(s). He tells me engineers are working at it and I believe him. He also helped me with making another programming change that would come to my advantage.

The next time I have an issue I'll be quicker about coming here. Why cant they staff their chat with capable people like those that help here?

I am going to wait until tomorrow to reset the receiver and make sure NESN is back, but LouF has assured me he will keep an eye on it as well.

I have spent the last 3+ hours chatting with Dish Network's reps.

Here is the backstory:

I had mutli-sport through the NFL season. Wife wanted to add Starz package so in order for it to be a wash i decided to remove multi-sport package and add Starz, leaving the bill exactly the same.

After i did the programming change (online) I noticed channel 434 (NESN) was not showing up in my guide. It was late, i figured I could make a phone call in the morning to take care of it. Probably just a glitch. Little did i know.

Around 9 am I call, the rep insists I need the multi-sport package to see NESN. I know this is not true because 1) I have had it for the last 8+ years (i only have the multi-sport seasonally). 2) it says so in their own website, checking the local channels for zip code 05482.
After a short back and forth, she says im right and says she is sending an authorization signal. I tell her it didnt work, she says I have to reset receiver. I tell her i cant at the time (family watching TV) but will do. Thanks and good bye.

Well, it didnt work. It is afternoon now and i want to watch the baseball game. Figured I would chat again. This si where it went south.
I ended up chatting with 6 different people. They all start with the same multi-sports package reason. Some even tell me i dont knowwhat im talking about and I would even categorize some responses as rude. Obviousy after talking to 3 people and having to educate every single one of them it got very frustrating on my end

I am glad we were able to work together, and hopefully we'll have NESN restored for you. Your situation was not something system-wide. Thanks for working with me to get this taken care of.
lRcOVHAZopW+54rLhhQ5oREFMYGBiOvElgYGCAm7Lkgg6xHoEjMk1BNgKXKYQNggQEGkIOF6JM2fMkAisizRSIalyI9qZAVMC5K27YQBBWNrIRKBrRTIHYhmYnVkE0jegAWQ8aIhAimGDOGQVkRLL+gQEAHx33VbtpZb8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

LouF, a question about it not being system wide. As I posted, this exact thing, right down to having the sports pack and dropping it, then not having the RSN happened to someone else, and a DIRT team member had to help them too. They got the exact same answer from Dish on the phone as this poster did. I can't find it, but either here or at the other forum I believe there is one other post about not having their RSN in a similar manor.
And now we see the programming with $5 off the normal price when you sign in and look at our programming. I have to believe it is all connected??

Well a thought did occur to me. The prices being $5 less may not be a coincidence. Obviously no one is losing the RSN from their package at the moment or there would be 1000's of posts. But someone just now making a change is not getting it in their package.
Could Dish be preparing to have RSN's separate, and you pay $5 less for the package? And it was not supposed to kick in yet but somehow it loaded into the system?
I logged into my dish account and i still see the $69.99 price for the top 250. i wouldn't mind saving the $5 each month.

Just to be sure I cleared my cookies and cache, went back a signed in, still see what I posted.... Also notice the Everything Pack is greyed out.

Just to be sure I cleared my cookies and cache, went back a signed in, still see what I posted.... Also notice the Everything Pack is greyed out.

That same thing is true with me - my Everything Pack is grayed out. I see that you also have Dish America, Silver, and Gold grayed out as well. I have access to those, just not the Everything Pack. I asked a DIRT member and the response was that nothing was wrong with my account, but to check my cookies and clear my cache. I don't think it is a cookies/cache thing - I VPN'ed in to my work computer, and used Google Chrome on my work computer (which I have never used to access my Dish account before) and my account was the same - the prices are $5 less. I bet it is a system issue with a group of accounts.

Certainly has to be affecting more than one or two accounts. Reminds me when AT&T or Verizon have new prices or packages in the system before they are supposed to be.....

My online access reflects the $5 deduction on all packages but my DA Silver still reflects the current charge. All Dish America packages are greyed out for me (though I have Silver and an HD receiver) and I'm also greyed out on the Everything Package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)