Channel 498 still a problem for many

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get 498 in but it flickers black a lot.I have HDMI 1.1 so maybe thats related?

I don't think that is the delay because many people report 498 failure, but 9300/9301 success.

I hope I see that, too, because one of my HR20s won't get 498.

I'm looking for a new channel or two for testing purposes today or tomorrow, and the rollout Wednesday. But those are guesses!

If they would turn on the channels we would know whether or not 498 is a problem. Yet they hold back the channels and Earl said again esterday they made changes to 498 and he is doing yet another poll. Its pretty clear to me that it must have something to do with jolding them back.

If they would turn on the channels we would know whether or not 498 is a problem. Yet they hold back the channels and Earl said again esterday they made changes to 498 and he is doing yet another poll. Its pretty clear to me that it must have something to do with jolding them back.

I still believe the 498 problems have to do with the static screen. If they would put moving video on there I think a lot of problems would go away. I can get a black screen many times, but it's corrected by hitting pause or reverse and then play. So it's a timing issue with the static screen in my opinion..

I still believe the 498 problems have to do with the static screen. If they would put moving video on there I think a lot of problems would go away. I can get a black screen many times, but it's corrected by hitting pause or reverse and then play. So it's a timing issue with the static screen in my opinion..
thse trick dont work for me and many others. I dont think it has anything to do with a static screen.

thse trick dont work for me and many others. I dont think it has anything to do with a static screen.

So how much problems would it have been for D* to put moving video on the screen just to see if the numbers go down on people having problems.. I know that I have seen quite a few people mention that this works for them.

I don't think that is the delay because many people report 498 failure, but 9300/9301 success.

I hope I see that, too, because one of my HR20s won't get 498.

I'm looking for a new channel or two for testing purposes today or tomorrow, and the rollout Wednesday. But those are guesses!
I get the 498 Success screen but on one ch 481 I get searching for signal and on ch 480 I get and OK. What does that mean. I have an OTA antenna that looks to have a separate feed into my RF in: confused: What if one fails, do you still get all the channels? This setup they came up with really sucks.. To boot the first installer who came out never even checked this. I had to do it.

hey long time reader first time poster ....498 just came on for me this afternoon as well as 9300 and 9301 ...so all looks positive from Dayton

I don't get CH 498 at all. Before the first release of 9300 and 9301< the other night, I never received 498 even with trying all the tricks. After I tuned to 9300 and 9301 the first time I have received 498 flawlessly. I notice a lot of people experienced the same thing...Strange

I don't get CH 498 at all. Before the first release of 9300 and 9301< the other night, I never received 498 even with trying all the tricks. After I tuned to 9300 and 9301 the first time I have received 498 flawlessly. I notice a lot of people experienced the same thing...Strange

I was in the same boat as you.
When I got home from work today, I checked and Wala !!!! 498 is on and 9000,9001 both work :up

Jimbo

My hr20 had not been getting the slide on 498. When i turned it on this afternoon it wouldn't come on. I did a soft and hard reboot. It took about 15 minutes of the blue circle going round and round. Finally it came on. I thought it was fried. Now i get 498 and 9300 9301.

Steve

I've had no problems with 498 once it was announced here. 9300 and 9301 are also working for me as well. I only have the one HR20-100, so I didnt have to roll the dice twice!

My inlaws were fine on 480 and 481 but no 498. When I got home today they 498 just fine then I saw on the forums about 9300 and 9301.Those came in fine too.

My wife got back to South Carolina tonight to test ours, 480 and 481 fine but 498 and 9300-9301 are not coming in.

Hopefully theyll work ours out soon.

I've had Channel 498 until I just checked it now. I just had DirecTV come in and put the new dish and had to demote my prized TivoHD to the SD bedroom.

I am getting 93001, but 93000 is black. I live in LA.

I tried 498 yesterday, only got a black screen unless I tuned to two HD locals first, then the channel came in fine. Now 498 won't come in at all today. 9300 gives me not purchased and 9301 comes in no problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)