channel 501

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
I've had the 610 update for maybe a week (or more) and I still don't have 501. 722 receiver with AE with HD package.
Anything I can do?

What I find frustrating is that I have 501 and something like 6 to 8 movies. But not one of them are I Am Legend :( All I want to do is see if it will work for my TV :( Oh well ... patiently waiting ...

Make sure you turn off your receiver when not in use, and don't have excessive timers set up through the times you are not using it. a 1080p movie is significantly larger than the other VOD videos, and will require significant time without being interrupted to get the full video. I have no idea if it is capable of getting the movie in pieces the putting them back together, or if it needs to get the whole thing at once, but either way, it will take some down time to get.

I got the upgrade on one of my 622's, I show 13 vod movies and one is "I am Legend" with the note of 1080p.

I am on L612, on my 722 and turn my box off when not in use, and still no 501.
I think dish has really messed up this "I am Legend" 1080p thing. I got an email from dish on august 1st saying the movie is available the whole month of august ,
not actually, as it is the 14th and i still cant view it.I was turbocharged on the 2nd and still no movie. Channel 75 says i can watch this movie. But i cant.
Sounds like false advertising to me.

Technical question from an e* newb: Do these "download" via satellite when the receiver is off or are they coming through the ethernet connection I have hooked to the box?

I DO have 501 and several movies there (but not the 1080p I Am Legend).

Well, getting I am Legend on 501 is one thing. It is quite another to get dish to recognize your set as 1080p compatible so that you can watch it in 1080p.

I have a Sony A3000 that is 1080p/24 but when I try to rent the program, it says my set is not compatible and I can only watch it in 1080i.

After calling Dish, I was told by them to call Sony and the problem was with my set.

Here we go..................argggggggggg.................

Well, getting I am Legend on 501 is one thing. It is quite another to get dish to recognize your set as 1080p compatible so that you can watch it in 1080p.

I have a Sony A3000 that is 1080p/24 but when I try to rent the program, it says my set is not compatible and I can only watch it in 1080i.

After calling Dish, I was told by them to call Sony and the problem was with my set.

Here we go..................argggggggggg.................

It is not your set it is Dish bad software. Us sony users may have to go to direct tv if dish cannot fix this problem.

Well, I don't know if it's Sony or not, but I have more Sony televisions fail HDCP handshake with dish receivers than any other HDTV brand. Even the Wal-mart brands do better than Sony does at HDCP. That could be a dish issue, but when the problem is almost entirely limited to one brand name it kinda makes you wonder who is really at fault. To see if your TV is passing the HDCP handshake, go to Menu - 6 - 3; Select Analysis; Then HDMI Test Both the RxKsv and TxKsv Must show as valid. If not, your TV is not doing a proper handshake, and Hollywood's horrid attempts to prevent piracy is your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts